Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Racing Wexford Town Pubs?

Options
  • 16-06-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Is there any pubs in Wexford town that show a priority for horse racing during the day on the tv?. Will be heading over in the next couple of weeks and would like to be watching in a pub thats no hassle to have the racing on?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bugler Doyle's on South Main Street would always show it. Few bookies next door too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Sounds good thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

Billy Kellys. Culletons

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiCriostoir

Some of the main ones would be

-Billy Kellys/Kellys on the Corner (Situated in the Faythe)

-The Swan (Situated in the Faythe)

-Maggie Mays which is located on Monk Street (Busiest Area of the town) with there being four other pubs on this street and a bookies.

-Cullentons (Situated in Kennedy Park) also has a bookies close to it.

-Bugler Doyles situated on the south main street, has a bookies close to it and across the way you have one of Wexfords best Chippers called "The Premier" which i'd recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Kelly's On The Corner is bottom of Barrack Street at the end of South Main Street. Billy Kelly's is in The Faythe.

• Advertisement

Great Intel lads will certainly check these out. Love a pub with a good racing vibe.

Just back from Wexford, thanks for the tips. The Swan was top class, watched the racing there on Saturday afternoon. Racing Tv on and the Irish Open on the other tv from when we walked in. Great pub.
    Went racing at Wexford for the first time and nearly missed the race because I couldnt get a taxi as easily as I thought!. Couldnt get a taxi back from the course either, wheres all the transport in this town!.Some nice pubs and places in the town, surprised it was so quiet friday night from about 9pm yet saturday evening nice and busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

califano wrote: »
    Just back from Wexford, thanks for the tips. The Swan was top class, watched the racing there on Saturday afternoon. Racing Tv on and the Irish Open on the other tv from when we walked in. Great pub.
    Went racing at Wexford for the first time and nearly missed the race because I couldnt get a taxi as easily as I thought!. Couldnt get a taxi back from the course either, wheres all the transport in this town!.Some nice pubs and places in the town, surprised it was so quiet friday night from about 9pm yet saturday evening nice and busy.
    Good choice, The Swan is one of my two regular haunts, owner Philip is a racing nut too.

Chatting to him, easy going fella and top guy. Made us feel very welcome. Kicking myself I didnt get who the horse is in the picture was!.......
    Solwhit

Advertisement