Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Ireland - Apple CarPlay

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is wireless that important? Functionality and reliability are I'd suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Is wireless that important? Functionality and reliability are I'd suggest.

For me yes, left arm goosed at times (ladder fall)
    So if I stretch without thinking as I do when reaching for the phone in glove box - android auto) connection, wireless would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

has anyone had a 2019 Rav 4 upgraded to use be able to use carplay? Just had ours in for service and they said they couldn't upgrade as it has no satnav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

has anyone had a 2019 Rav 4 upgraded to use be able to use carplay? Just had ours in for service and they said they couldn't upgrade as it has no satnav.

i had 2019 corolla without satnav & mine was upgraded

Should ask other dealers and see what they say, heard some thing before about it before but cant remember which model it was.

Lads anyone else think android auto is not that great now,when you get a message the dictation when you read the message doesnt read it properly sometimes & you get an totally different message to what is actually sent.& as for sending messages nearly the same. i thought u might be a be able to at least see the messages you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭andublin

eladnova wrote: »
    Hi
    Any new Toyota owners out there know when Apple's CarPlay will be integrated.
    We had a vague 'it's coming soon' from a sales guy but no real idea of 2019 or 202 etc

€100 in Denis Mahoney, May 2021

andublin wrote: »
    €100 in Denis Mahoney, May 2021

what ?? ur are replying to the 1st post thats over 2 yrs old did u read the rest of the thread the other 8 pages some people have had it installed months now.

“Some people have had it installed for months now.”

Yes I read all 8 pages.This isn’t a competition for most of us. The first post, though old, is still relevant, for people like myself, newly searching for information.

I added information about the cost of the upgrade, to be helpful to anyone like myself searching for this. If anyone knows of a cheaper way to get the official files and do the update, that would be appreciated by most other people

Sorry about you feeling offended and scornful.

“Some people have had it installed for months now.”

Yes I read all 8 pages.This isn’t a competition for most of us. The first post, though old, is still relevant, for people like myself, newly searching for information.

I added information about the cost of the upgrade, to be helpful to anyone like myself searching for this. If anyone knows of a cheaper way to get the official files and do the update, that would be appreciated by most other people

Sorry about you feeling offended and scornful.

It was a free update, that dealer was only screwing u for money I didn't pay anything for my update.

Details of the dealer providing free update would also be helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Details of the dealer providing free update would also be helpful

I got mine free with service at Toyota liffey valley

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Was quoted €184.50 today, when my car is in for service next week. Carroll & Kinsella Deansgrange :eek:

Was quoted €184.50 today, when my car is in for service next week. Carroll & Kinsella Deansgrange :eek:

Is that for the service or for the update.i just paid for the service when mine was in updated it for nothing. Inquire off other dealers seems to be awful amount of con artists dealers in Dublin. I would say it straight to them why are they charging when other dealers offer it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭20/20

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age your car has to be for carplay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

20/20 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum age your car has to be for carplay ?

I'm hazy on this one, but I thinks its MM16 units, which came out in 2015. These are updateable to latest software.

I could be a mile wrong on this though and one of the guys who has had it done can correct me

Wouldn’t mind knowing too if it goes back that far. We have a 2015 one ourselves. Is there a way to know from the info on the software if it will work?

My car is 2017 with Sat-Nav. It used to have google street view / Speed cameras / Petrol stations and prices near me / parking spaces and prices near me / weather updates / and Aha (which basically was an App like Tunein) plus some others. It came with three years of free updates, and so last year everything stoped working except the Sat-Nav.
    I left car into Denis Mahony Kilbarrack this morning for service and asked for radio update . Was told there isnt one, and he tried to sell me a new radio that still has no Carplay.
    I know there is an update because when I try to use anything the onscreen message says log into Toyota.eu for update.
    I have logged into Toyota a few times and entered my info. The site even tells me which updates are for my radio and allows me to add them to a shopping cart, but gives me no option to pay or download.
    This is VERY BAD play form Toyota. When I paid over €42,000 in 2017 the sales guy kept banging on about the stereo been top notch.

Forgot to say after my rant, What I would like to know is suggestions for a good double din stereo to replace the Toyota factory model in a Land-cruiser.

I think it is only the new models only MM17(software version on headunit) onwards that allow for the upgrade for the software

Forgot to say after my rant, What I would like to know is suggestions for a good double din stereo to replace the Toyota factory model in a Land-cruiser.

I put in a pioneer SPH 250 DAB in my Honda Insight, fab
    Presume it’ll go into any car
    Car play and android auto , plays Spotify and great Bluetooth and sound, calls v good

• Advertisement

I put in a pioneer SPH 250 DAB in my Honda Insight, fab
    Presume it’ll go into any car

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

<Moderator - please start a separate thread in Buying forum>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 evan10

Hi just came across this thread after days of searching for Irish people talking about weather Apple car play can be installed. I will be purchasing a 191-D Toyota Corolla Hatchback sport and the dealer says it doesn’t come with it but it might be able to be retrofitted can anyone confirm this for me please? Thanks lads

ya mine was upgraded to it my original unit didnt have the sat nav option mine so mine was upgraded easily. should be able to upgrade it no problem

Hi so the dealer got back to me today saying that they can’t upgrade to Apple car play because of the software that’s installed won’t take it? This is Toyota Ashbourne do you have any idea what’s wrong? It’s a 2019 Toyota Corolla

Wonder does it have the software with sat navigation built in. Cause I think that one was a bit different to the one with out sat nav.The one with out sat nav was easiest to upgrade.

Do u know what software version is in the car ? Mine without the satnav was MM17 version.

My one seems to have sat nav built into it I’m picking it up today so you’re thinking ones with sat nav probably can’t be done? I’ll figure some way around it even if the unit needs replacing I’ll do that

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

I have a 191 saloon with Sat Nav. My dealer was able to upgrade mine to Android Auto/Carplay. Not sure if my car being the saloon version makes a difference.

I think it is just more work that is all, no it doesnt make a difference if the car is a saloon same radio and software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

I remember reading on a Toyota forum that the MM17 head unit was made by both Panasonic and Denso and something about the android auto/carplay upgrade maybe not working with one of them. This was ages ago and can't remember all the details but your dealer should be able to advise.

Advertisement