Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught with about 10 euro worth of MDMA

Options
  • 02-06-2019 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everybody.
    I really don't know where else to turn so if anybody has any similar experiences of what happened to them please let me know.
    I was caught with a small amount of md on Friday at a gig. Prob about 10 euro worth.
    Guard took my details and when I asked him what would happen he said you'll be summonsed to court. He was also training in a young lady at the time which isn't good for me as he will want to show her the procedure from start to finish I assume :(
    I have no previous convictions. Have never been in trouble at all before
    Thanks guys in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

€150 in the poor box cased closed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Anza

jimbev wrote: »
    €150 in the poor box cased closed

Thank you for replying ! Don't suppose there's any chance I won't get brought to court ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anza wrote: »
    Thank you for replying ! Don't suppose there's any chance I won't get brought to court ??

There's a chance, it's all up to the guard.
    But if you do the judge will probably not want to convict you over sometime so minor especially with a clean record. He can give you the option to donate to charity and you can keep your clean record and not get a conviction.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_trial/court_poor_box.html

tuxy wrote: »
    There's a chance, it's all up to the guard.
    But if you do the judge will probably not want to convict you over sometime so minor especially with a clean record. He can give you the option to donate to charity and you can keep your clean record and not get a conviction

Thank you. How long does a summons nornally take? And if I was caught in dun laoghaire will it be in dun Laoahaire district court or Wicklow where I live? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I believe the guard has 6 months to summons you to court. But in most cases it's done in a few weeks. You will be given at least a weeks notice but it's usually 2 weeks notice. Again it's up to the guard, it depends on when he is next available for court.

It will be the district court in the area the offence occured.

I know it's not easy but try not to worry. The worst part will be if you have to take a day off work to attend court. And you will probaby have to sit and listen to other people up on minor charges.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe the guard has 6 months to summons you to court. But in most cases it's done in a few weeks. You will be given at least a weeks notice but it's usually 2 weeks notice. Again it's up to the guard, it depends on when he is next available for court.

It will be the district court in the area the offence occured.

I know it's not easy but try not to worry. The worst part will be if you have to take a day off work to attend court. And you will probaby have to sit and listen to other people up on minor charges.

Thank you. There were utter scumbags at the gig throwing quantities of drugs around the place without a care in the world. I have the tiniest amount for myself minding my own business and I'm busted. Absolute waste of their time going after me. Assholes! Let's hope we see the decriminalisation of small amounts soon!!

Mod
    Please do not use insulting remarks about AGS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anza wrote:
    Thank you. There were utter scumbags at the gig throwing quantities of drugs around the place without a care in the world. I have the tiniest amount for myself minding my own business and I'm busted. Absolute waste of their time going after me. Assholes! Let's hope we see the decriminalisation of small amounts soon!!

Assholes? For doing their job? Get out. You've learned nothing from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Of course it's the gardai that are assholes, for enforcing the law.

Suppose you consider speed and tax checks as revenue exercises too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

So, the Gardai are assholes for doing their duty and other people are scumbags for doing exactly what you were doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why not use this as a lesson learned and get away from drugs....

Drugs destroy lives and it all goes back to gangland crime and think where has them drugs been stashed such as in some persons cavity and think of traces of faeces....

• Advertisement

Why not use this as a lesson learned and get away from drugs....

Drugs destroy lives and it all goes back to gangland crime and think where has them drugs been stashed such as in some persons cavity and think of traces of faeces....

Don't assume I have a drug problem. None of you know me. It's grand for people to drank copious amounts of alcohol every weekend and smash the face off each other vomiting all over the place ? It's legal to get as drunk as you want and that's fair is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

How was it a waste of time going after you ? They caught you which would suggest that it wasn't a waste of time at all.

Don't assume I have a drug problem. None of you know me. It's grand for people to drank copious amounts of alcohol every weekend and smash the face off each other vomiting all over the place ? It's legal to get as drunk as you want and that's fair is it ?

It's not legal to be honest as you can be arrested for been drunk and disorderly....

If your doing mdma then yes you have a problem and a very big one.

You asked for advice so I recommend maybe it be best for you to just take your own and we are all wrong....

Assholes! Let's hope we see the decriminalisation of small amounts soon!!

And it was at this point you lost all sympathy from me.

You’re funding those “utter scumbags” as you call them, even with you’re own “small amount” - you’ve just demonstrated levels of stupidity and ignorance far beyond the content of your initial post.

Anyone doing drugs needs help to get away from it....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,530 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This is why the repercussions for even small amounts of illegal drugs needs to be serious.
    Otherwise people learn nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Start stock piling those microwave noodles op.they are currency in the big house.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

So, you are caught in possession of a substance that everyone knows is illegal and dangerous. But, you feel that you are a victim because everyone else was worse / the "asshole" Garda was showing off to a rookie / you might have to go to court / you might have to travel back to where it happened rather than your home town / etc etc.
    Do you have any idea about the impression you are creating? One piece of advice - when you get to court lose the victim attitude.

If your doing mdma then yes you have a problem and a very big one.

Not arsed getting into this now as it's not the place for it but just because someone uses MDMA occasionally does not mean they have a "problem". At all.

I realise this is futile as judging from your post you likely haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, so probably no point in trying to reason with you anyway.

OP, whatever my own feelings are with regards to the legislation, it's not the gardas fault you were caught - he was only doing his job, be smarter next time.
    By the way if it's only MD you're doing it's safe enough provided you only take reasonable amounts (stick around 100mg) and leave a good gap (couple of months preferably, the longer the better) between each use. If you want to be extra safe you can buy testing kits which indicate adulterants here https://www.eztestkits.com/en/
    Further safety info https://rollsafe.org/

Ignore the judgemental folks above, people love an excuse to stick their nose in and wag the finger.
    Best of luck with the court date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Anyone doing drugs needs help to get away from it....

The whole country needs help so. Look at the number of drinkers up and down the country who have an occasional drink, myself included. Do they all need serious intervention and help?

Get real. Just because a drug is illegal doesn't make it any more detrimental than a legal one.

There is no difference between somebody enjoying the occasional joint/whatever they're having themselves or the occasional glass of wine, apart from the legality of it. Addiction is another matter completely.

Legalisation and decriminalisation can't come quick enough IMO.

• Advertisement

JCDUB wrote: »
    The whole country needs help so. Look at the number of drinkers up and down the country who have an occasional drink, myself included. Do they all need serious intervention and help?

Get real. Just because a drug is illegal doesn't make it any more detrimental than a legal one.

There is no difference between somebody enjoying the occasional joint/whatever they're having themselves or the occasional glass of wine, apart from the legality of it. Addiction is another matter completely.

Opioid abuse is huge and an epidemic in the near future....

Not arsed getting into this now as it's not the place for it but just because someone uses MDMA occasionally does not mean they have a "problem". At all.

I realise this is futile as judging from your post you likely haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, so probably no point in trying to reason with you anyway.

OP, whatever my own feelings are with regards to the legislation, it's not the gardas fault you were caught - he was only doing his job, be smarter next time.
    By the way if it's only MD you're doing it's safe enough provided you only take reasonable amounts (stick around 100mg) and leave a good gap (couple of months preferably, the longer the better) between each use. If you want to be extra safe you can buy testing kits which indicate adulterants here https://www.eztestkits.com/en/
    Further safety info https://rollsafe.org/

Ignore the judgemental folks above, people love an excuse to stick their nose in and wag the finger.
    Best of luck with the court date.

Ha your hilarious....

Ah the everyone else is a scumbag but me defense, it'll go down well in court.

You should really have tried explaining to the garda what an asshole they were being for doing their job at the time OP.
    You should also realise that Ireland is relatively a small country and that there is a possibility that the very same garda is a member of this site and has read your posts describing how they shouldn't have done their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Opioid abuse is huge and an epidemic in the near future....

Sure is. As is alcoholism, nicotine addiction, prescription drug addiction etc etc.

Like I said, addiction is a whole other ballgame.

Sure is. As is alcoholism, nicotine addiction, prescription drug addiction etc etc.

Like I said, addiction is a whole other ballgame.

If someone is using drugs such as coke, mdma, skunk etc then they have a problem....

These are illegal for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Happened to me with a few pills and never heard anything again

There seems to be some kind of mental disconnect affecting most of the population 55+ where they appear entirely incapable of grasping the idea of this.
    People can be so drunk they can barely stand or speak and while this isn't necessarilly the height of acceptable behaviour it is still permissible to most of them because it's legal.

In fairness I think it's more the fear of the unknown, most of 'em have no actual experience in these things to draw on and so are forced to rely on Nancy Reagan type propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

The "It's not fair that it's ok to be drunk" argument? We know and understand quite well the chemical pathways, action/interaction of alcohol in (particularly) western humans. It's a central nervous system depressant and shouldn't be abused, but we know a lot about how it affects us. Not so with drugs especially the newer synthetic ones. The interaction with our body chemistry and particularly the longer term effects - possible Parkinson like symptoms, brain damage etc, personally I wouldn't risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

When I get a pint of beer I can trust it contains 5% alcohol as per the pump clip. I trust that there's oversight on brewing processes and that there are health and safety tests carried out all throughout manufacturing.

When you buy illegal drugs you have no idea who has manufactured the product, where, when, using what ingredients, in what proportion and purity.

Is it worth putting your life in the hands of a second rate Dutch chemist or in John-boy's down the road who manufactures in his garden shed.

MDMA should never become legal without prescription. It opens the flood-gates for all of the other amphetamines.

• Advertisement

Ha your hilarious....

Yep.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to engage in any actual substantive discussion on the matter as you're quite clearly completely out of your depth.

Conflating MDMA with opioid epidemics. Now that's hilarious.

You haven't a breeze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement