Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recycling old games

• 01-06-2019 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

What can I do with old ps2 and ps3 games? Will gamestop recycle them?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CeX still buy both formats, if you've got one near by. Though I believe they won't take any EA/yearly sports kinda titles anymore, but am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

You can even check how much they'll (probably) give you for them before you go in:
    https://ie.webuy.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Irish Halo wrote: »
    You can even check how much they'll (probably) give you for them before you go in:
    https://ie.webuy.com/

Ah I've no interest in money, can't imagine I'd get anything for them, just don't want to dump them in the rubbishbin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Charity shop will take them or even put them in the free section in adverts. If you were in Galway I’d take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Charity shop would take them someone will get use out of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ah I've no interest in money, can't imagine I'd get anything for them, just don't want to dump them in the rubbishbin
    You can get more in store credit. If you're bringing in a lot it can actually add up that way. Got myself an SSD for nothing by trading in a bunch of old PS3 games. Can also be a pseudo gift card if you want to pass on the value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 danham

Hi there. It is a great idea. I am sure there are lots of great old games which we can recycle and get that pleasure again.

Advertisement