Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VIN plate stamping

• 16-05-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere that does VIN plate stamping in Ireland? I have the original plate, but it looks like it was taken off, and driven over a few hundred times. I have a new blank plate, but it needs stamping. Well, embossing to be more accurate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Presumably you are after the 'Raised Number' VIN plate. A few years ago I was after the same for a Mini. Nowhere in Ireland but there were a few on Ebay in the UK.
    In the end I just got a local guy who does Trophies etc to do it (engraved, rather than embossed). A quick look on Ebay now is not as promising as before, but there must still be a couple of guys over there still doing this. I suppose a trawl through google.co.uk is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Yeah.It is embossed I'm after Was talking to one lad that could to the standard stamping and the only one he knew of that could do the embossed ones was in the UK. I've emailed off a couple of places , but haven't heard back from them. Wary of sending over the blank VIN plate I have to a crowd that aren't answering their emails.

Advertisement