Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th - Accommodation

• 16-05-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Myself & a few mates are flying in for this, can't wait.

we're staying in Dublin on Friday (sorted) then heading to Kilkenny on Saturday & departing Monday morning. Accommodation is a disaster.
    What's the norm? Bus in enjoy the gig & bus all the way home again or is anyone staying in major towns nearby or even camping.

no idea about Kilkenny concert accommodation - any pointers are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭fafy

There are some discussions about it on the gig thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057937684/19/#post110192725

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭In the wind

thank you Fafy, I took a look but it's ony a mention of the need for accomodation without discussion or solution. That thread is 15 pages long so I think a thread on accommodation is warranted. thanks nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

There's a link to a couple of campsites towards the more recent end of the gig thread. As far as I can see, that's all there is in Kilkenny at the moment.

I was searching further afield around Carlow and it seems to be near fully booked too. I got a place in Abbeyleix - possibly the last room in the hotel.

Portlaoise might be another option or just stay on in Dublin and bus/train it in and out of Kilkenny.

mrk75 wrote: »
    or just stay on in Dublin and bus/train it in and out of Kilkenny.

yep, that's what I'm thinking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 acer4220

at this stage and I usually work for aiken promotion
    within nowlan park as I have done from day one I also live opposite nowlan park
    it will be very hard to get a room in a hotel or a b&b or even a hostel
    however a lot of people choose to camp in o'loughlin geals gaa club opp nowlan park
    or there is a camp site in st James park (20 min stroll)
    I'm not sure about the trains and buses or times
    however if you need I can have a look and post if required

• Advertisement

acer4220 wrote: »
    at this stage and I usually work for aiken promotion
    within nowlan park as I have done from day one I also live opposite nowlan park
    it will be very hard to get a room in a hotel or a b&b or even a hostel
    however a lot of people choose to camp in o'loughlin geals gaa club opp nowlan park
    or there is a camp site in st James park (20 min stroll)
    I'm not sure about the trains and buses or times
    however if you need I can have a look and post if required

that's very generous of you Acer, thank you.
    we got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

that's very generous of you Acer, thank you.
    we got sorted.

How did yous get sorted out of interest? Me and my mate trying to sort something now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Plenty of room in Waterford

Dublin coach only €10 return and they have a bus leaving Killenny at 23.45 and u will be back in Waterford by 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 3 acer4220

glad to assist you in anyway i might be able just give me a shout here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

This gig should never have been scheduled for Kilkenny.

Its tough to get accommodation in Kilkenny during the summer months with the influx of tourists. Scheduling a concert of this size in a town with zero accommodation and limited travel options is a monumental f@ck up.

I've seen Neil Young live 12 times and have practically resigned myself to missing out on this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Really looking forward to this, I've been keeping an eye on the setlists from Dylan and while he hasn't changed it much or at all I think it has looks of an excellent set.
    Last night in Sweden he replaced "Don't think Twice, It's alright" with "Girl from the North Country", the first time he's played that song live in 5 years.

I'm also going to Hyde park on the Friday to see them so be interesting to see how the performances differ.

Advertisement