Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Mortgage Application and Coinbase Transactions

• 16-05-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭ Lux23

I am applying with my partner to get a mortgage and the broker has just asked us what Coinbase is, to explain how it works and if we can share statements. She thinks the bank will ask more questions and will want to know what it was used to buy etc.

Does anyone else have any experience with crypto transactions of their statement and the banks taking a dim view when it comes to getting a mortgage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭ KilOit

They didn't care with me, asked about it but nothing came of it. Transactions to Coinbase was early 2017 so by the time of approval was a year later so might be different if it's within 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭ Dr Bolouswki

If its withdrawls, say you were mining. For lodgements... erm, I'm out of ideas :) But in fairness, it is essentially currency speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭ Lux23

If its withdrawls, say you were mining. For lodgements... erm, I'm out of ideas :) But in fairness, it is essentially currency speculation.

It’s a bit of both, he was buying parts from China for gaming stations so that’s what we told them and he also bought a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭ griffdaddy

They didn't ask anytime about mine, or my revolut etc. transactions

Advertisement