Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Map / Directions -Dublin - surrounding areas

• 12-05-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

(Mods - Please move to appropriate thread , if more suitable)

I am just wondering , I want to increase my knowledge of Dublin City/County as regards directions from one place to another.

I have a basic knowledge but want to increase it.

Change of employment , to perhaps driving , is there any good interactive map/app (beside google ,maps) that you could use to practice testing yourself.

Im thinking of people perhaps taking up employment as Hackney/Taxi , how do they develop good working knowledge of the city and surrounds in order to do their job correctly , eg. shortest route from Place A to place B ,

Thanks
    Paddy

Comments

(Mods - Please move to appropriate thread , if more suitable)

I am just wondering , I want to increase my knowledge of Dublin City/County as regards directions from one place to another.

I have a basic knowledge but want to increase it.

Change of employment , to perhaps driving , is there any good interactive map/app (beside google ,maps) that you could use to practice testing yourself.

Im thinking of people perhaps taking up employment as Hackney/Taxi , how do they develop good working knowledge of the city and surrounds in order to do their job correctly , eg. shortest route from Place A to place B ,

Thanks
    Paddy

OpenStreetMap is the other option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Check out OsmAnd running off openstreetmap. Download maps to your phone and start navigating...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Check out OsmAnd running off openstreetmap. Download maps to your phone and start navigating...

Maps.me is another. Both based on OpenStreetMap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Get a hat or tin box, put the names of places that you'd think you might start out or finish such as Airport, Railway Stations, Hospitals, general areas like Blackrock, Santry etc. on squares of paper then pull two pieces out and try to imagine a suitable route between the two, write it down then compare your written down route to a Google maps ( or whatever ) route. Repeat as often as you feel the need

Advertisement