Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In what year did the first direct flights from Dublin to Reykjavík take place

• 11-05-2019 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Lads, Im trying to remember the year of my first Trip to Iceland. Im nearly certain that I took a direct flight from Dublin to Reykjavík

In what year did the first direct flights from Dublin to Reykjavík take place

Thanks for helping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Wow Air started started flights to Dublin in June 2015.

Icelandair and Aer Lingus operated charters before this, as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Was there not Iceland Express flights before that? Starting around 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There were annual charters for a significant number of years, but WOW was the first scheduled flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Thanks lads, I was there early 2000s most likely 2004. If the above is right I must have got a Connecting flight from Standsted or Gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭sandbelter

I remember Icelandair used to sent B727's into Dublin in 1978. Only lasted for the summer months of Jun through to Aug and was a charter/seasonal effort. Arrived in Dub each Monday about 10.30pm and headed back to KEF about an hour later. Particularly remember it as I was in the scouts and our scout group were billeted with a some, so we went out to the airport to pick them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

I remember Avia Jet did a few flights using the Air Atlanta B737s around 2003/04...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Avia is not ringing any bells. I had thought it was Icelandair I went with but Im not sure. Icelandair might have flown from Gatwick or Stansted around that time

Advertisement