Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bagel Factory

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

dk1982 wrote: »
    Chopped is the most ridiculous food fad ever in this country. Wtf is the point of pulverising your food into tiny bits like that before eating it anyway? Horrible. No loss!
    tenor.gif?itemid=9228082

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

I thought Chopped was a decent spot but I did notice a lack of footfall if I was ever there in the afternoon after lunch around 3pm-5pm. I think people will always want the sandwich option so that's why a lot of these healthy food places don't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Despite all the closures, we still have the likes of Gino Gellatnai the ice cream shop near Dunnes still open and doing very well all year round! Ice cream must really be a big thing for some people. Im delighted its doing so well but if I had to put bets on any shop closing soon after creation it was that one!

Tinder is keeping that ice cream shop open.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭road_high

tbh never saw that Chopped could do well there, and every time I passed there was nobody or very few people in there.

Tried Chopped once when I was in Waterford. Seriously not impressed- got a soggy wrap that cost €7 or something. The staff were nice, the food wasn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I wonder if there's any regrets that they kicked out Burger King and Kylemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Tinder is keeping that ice cream shop open.

What?? Are you saying that its a popular meeting point for dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭MentalMario

What?? Are you saying that its a popular meeting point for dates?

Not a meeting point but a good mid point.

After food or coffee or even cinema if early show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

JohnC. wrote: »
    I wonder if there's any regrets that they kicked out Burger King and Kylemore.

I haven't been to any of the food offerings at all.
    How long are they open?
    I completely forgot about them. I used to have a BK beanburger at least once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Bring back good old kylemore, mash, carrots and gravy.

Miss burger king big time too :(

In return for kylemore and burger king we got a brand new empty shopping centre unit and abrakabara and chopped, one of which has already gone

That suuuuucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Bring back good old kylemore, mash, carrots and gravy.

Miss burger king big time too :(

In return for kylemore and burger king we got a brand new empty shopping centre unit and abrakabara and chopped, one of which has already gone

That suuuuucks

Yeah and they swapped chicken royales for fecking lamps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Food in Kylemore is absolute scutter, no loss. Burger King on the other hand is sorely missed, hopefully they will come back soon. I've seen Chopped in a service station elsewhere, might work better in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Moghead wrote: »
    Food in Kylemore is absolute scutter, no loss. Burger King on the other hand is sorely missed, hopefully they will come back soon. I've seen Chopped in a service station elsewhere, might work better in Waterford.

Don't hold back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Kylemore is scutter but Burger King is a “sorely missed” hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Anyone here remember that café that used to be one or two units in on the left, opposite Golden Disks, it was called Brannoks or Brannans or something like that? Lovely spot that used to do breakfasts and lunches, many a lunch I had there, they did an all day fry that was devine. I remember there was only one chef but she kept up with everyones order no problem!

That's the kind of place Waterford sorely needs back- simple food done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Kylemore is scutter but Burger King is a “sorely missed” hmmmm

I know Burger King is fast food and I'd rarely eat that kind of thing, but Burger King, in my opinion, is tastier that McDonald's or KFC or a bad chipper. Kylemore is the same standard as a poor work canteen, but more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anyone here remember that café that used to be one or two units in on the left, opposite Golden Disks, it was called Brannoks or Brannans or something like that? Lovely spot that used to do breakfasts and lunches, many a lunch I had there, they did an all day fry that was devine. I remember there was only one chef but she kept up with everyones order no problem!

Completely forgot about that place. Great all day fry up in there - all with toast, orange juice, tea for a bargain of a price. Amazing what they could do with a small space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I am thinking back also to the old City Arms pub! funny can't see any images of it online when it had an entrance in city square.

Advertisement