Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunscreen finger prints removal worth it?

• 01-05-2019 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi folks, been suggested to me in Cork that a paint enhancement (at around €250) should get rid of some fingerprint marks I'm guessing were caused by sunscreen. Not entirely convinced though and I'd be annoyed if they came back again - any one done this or should it work? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Machine polishing is the only way to remove suncream marks (bar you have the affected sections resprayed which no one is going to do) and you'll also get the benefit of having light scratches removed.

Talk to Dave in D&D Detailing (Westlink Business Park) as he does this work every day of the week and knows what he's talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Could you do one panel or would it look stupud

You can of course just do the panels that are affected but then you'd have lovely shiny panels and scratched panels. A paint enhancement will both remove the sun cream and ensure that all panels match. Otherwise it would be the same thing as getting a panel resprayed on an otherwise scratched car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

A quick wipe with a cloth sprayed with WD40 will remeove those for good.

You can of course just do the panels that are affected but then you'd have lovely shiny panels and scratched panels. A paint enhancement will both remove the sun cream and ensure that all panels match. Otherwise it would be the same thing as getting a panel resprayed on an otherwise scratched car.

Ah to be fair now, you can make an effort to blend it a bit. Depending on the age and colour of the car, you might not necessarily notice which parts have been done and which parts haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

A quick wipe with a cloth sprayed with WD40 will remeove those for good.

It won’t, they will return when it dries or gets washed again, speaking from experience. MetzgerMeister is correct, machine polishing is the only way. I’ve done this myself with success.

Ah to be fair now, you can make an effort to blend it a bit. Depending on the age and colour of the car, you might not necessarily notice which parts have been done and which parts haven't.

Blend it in by washing that section alone with a brush...be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Autogylm paint renovator removed suncream prints on my black car, took some work but its perfect now, maybe worth a try before going down the professional route

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Meguiars Ultimate Polish did a perfect job for me. Also I have used Super Resin Polish in the past. Both by hand.

Applying a polish by hand only masks these marks, it doesn't remove them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement