Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Who Watches the Watchmen (Our Chit Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭ OmegaGene

nico Went onto Tim’s stream and said he was siding with anything and sucking his member which caused Tim to get lots of abuse so he retaliated by exposing nico for not paying his dues to Archie

it’s all nonsense for views tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭ Fitz II

This is why I dont youtube any more. These lads are like children all cliques and clubs. Thorpe wants to control everyone in his cartl. He says its loyality he wants but really that just a code for licking his hole. Tim Write is bottom feeding sucker fish that hoovers up scraps of superchats. Archie is hard to listen to. Nico engages too much and is like the enforcer for the cartell because he is the biggest youtuber. Its all got nothing to do with watches. But problem is like I have said before there just is not enough to the watch hobby to keep 24 hour a day streaming channels busy.

Thorpe giving out about comments on other channels is a bit childish. Youtube is troll central. Trolling is fun,.

The queue is long at swatch today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭ Cienciano

I'd have more respect for the lads queuing to sell it on for double or triple the price than the lads paying €600 for a plastic swatch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭ 893bet

The two adverts ain’t flying off the shelf’s. One sold at 375 so market set at that.

what’s euro retail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭ micks_address

i think its around 300 euro? maybe 250? when the dust settles might buy for my son for xmas.. my moonwatch is due back from service in next week or so - looking foward to getting it back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Adverts is always cheap. Plenty of them on eBay where bidding has gone far above that already. I think RRP is €250. Fair play to those flippers standing in the queue for an hour or so, buying 2 of them and flipping them for a profit worth more than a full days manual labour 😁

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭ NIMAN

Interview with irish watch maker Stephen McGonigle on now with Ryan Tubridy Radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭ emo72

I'd love to hear it. But there's no way I would listen to that tubridy shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭ Lorddrakul

Not a bad section, and Tubs was less annoying than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭ 893bet

So A Lange have had massive price increases up to 20 percent.

As an example the 1815 chrono has gone from 55,400 to 64,400.

Every YouTube channel is doing the “it’s only the hype models are falling, small correction, April is a slow month”. When the tide starts to go out…..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭ James Bond Junior

Lads, I'm on the lookout for some extra links for a 24mm Lady constellation. Any ideas or suggested forums I could use to find them?

I was in Dubai during the week and went tire kicking. Tried on a IWC Portugueser, beautiful watch. The salesman insisted I try on the new perpetual with an alligator strap, only a cool 25k or so, didn't have it on me so had to leave it behind. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭ emo72

Ok I know it's not a watch, but still I don't want to post on the fake watch for sale thread cos I'm not saying fake. Though 4200 for these runners. Does anyone have any idea what they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,507 ✭✭✭✭ Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ stuchyg

He needed to sell them last week ideally. They are part of Kobe Bryants nike run of player edition shoes. Kobe's contract with Nike had expired after his death and so Nike were no longer allowed to make any Kobe shoes, driving the price of all existing ones through the roof.

Unfortunately for our mate on adverts, the estate of Kobe Bryant reached an agreement with Nike last week to continue to produce Kobe shoes, including reissues of older shoes, therefore tanking the price of ones already on the market.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

€4200 for a €50 retail pair of sneakers? And people thought €350 for a €250 retail plastic watch was bad? 😂

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

It goes to show how "exclusivity" sells.

I always notice peoples watch, I work in a place that has a lot of high level engineers and project managers. Would expect a few high end watches. mechanical watch in 4 years, one quartz citizen diver, one rolex (funny enough worn by a guy who wears canada goose jackets and nike air max), one gold dress watch that I couldn't make out and about 200 smart watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭ NIMAN

Does this help prove the argument that smart watches are going to be THE watch that will be worn in years to come.

I too look out at what watches I see in work and out and about. There is just so many smart watches out there now, and it's only going to increase in the years to come.

Quartz and mechanical watches will be a real niche item in the coming decades.

I spend a lot of time abroad and smart/fitness watches are popular but just taking the metro or the underground in London and you can see all types of high end watches so I don’t think tech watches will take over personally

I wear a garmin 24/7 on one wrist and regular watch on the other

the dream for me is a simple wirstband that does smart tracking for steps/health that i only need to charge once a month.. why can't someone make one? i don't want a screen or charging multiple times a week... the fitbit wristband was the right form a few years ago.. but for all it did needed charging every two days

• Advertisement

i think there is a mi band out now that might be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,824 ✭✭✭✭ Ads by Google

I think fatigue will kick in with smartwatches. Notifications upon notifications.

1300 for a moonswatch on adverts...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭ banie01

The Sony Wena is the closest I've yet seen for this kind of functionality. TBH, you'd think the market would be there for it? Something like the Oura or Movana tech and sensors built into a bracelet or a clasp 🤔

I wear a mi-band 5 on my right wrist, fairly low profile and 2 weeks + on a charge.

I actually have a oura ring but my wife says it looks silly

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭ Creamy Goodness

I really want an Apple Watch without the screen. I really think it would work well. They’ve the most accurate sensors, very good selection of straps, great integration with payments and I do own several iOS devices. I have mine to only notify me of texts from family members and if it’s going to rain, other than that it’s a watch/activity tracker.

don’t think I can pull off the two wrist watch look so the Apple Watch is a daily wear as much as I would prefer to be wearing something more traditional.

Actually, noticed that in London about a month ago on the tube too. Lot more non smart watches than here

• Advertisement

I saw a nautilus on the northern line and the fella was wearing a tracksuit and trainers as you do 🤣

Advertisement