Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Kangoo or Mercedes Citan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theyre the same van , so whichever is cheapest is best.

These type of van in passenger version just never seemed popular here, maybe due to price? Plenty of them in the UK as you say. The Partner teepee is popular there too, so another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Thanks - I was referring to the Kangoo or Citan as the type of van I'm interested in.
    Any issue importing them or taxing as a commercial even if I don't have employees?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Registering and taxing could be an issue.

Registering would be dependant on the particular model meeting Revenues ever changing definition of a crewcab, it would have to have the right classification on paper, plus as you say, you need employees to actually tax one.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Registering and taxing could be an issue.

Registering would be dependant on the particular model meeting Revenues ever changing definition of a crewcab, it would have to have the right classification on paper, plus as you say, you need employees to actually tax one.

Yeah I suspected there may be an issue.
    On the question of crewcab, how can I find out what qualifies? which part of revenue should I call?
    thanksd.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’m a bit rusty in it, but it’s something to do with M1 / N1 classification. Basically they don’t take conversions anymore, it has to have been designed to be a crewcab from the start. There are also size requirements. Sorry I don’t have any more info than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement