Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E60 523i warm engine stall

Options
  • 19-04-2019 11:08am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

My dads 2006 523i automatic is poorly. This issue seems strange, the engine starts and drives fine from cold. He could drive Dublin to Kerry without issue. But when he stops the car and turns off the engine and goes to start/drive again with the engine warm, the car starts and drives but then stalls when he comes to a stop at the first junction he meets.

I know this car has a lot of niggles shall we say. Slight oil leak from the rocker cover, I checked the DISA valve (intake manifold adjusting unit) and found a decent amount of oil in there but otherwise it was functioning. I attempted to read the codes but my reader couldn't connect to the ECU for whatever reason. Although these issues are known, I don't see how they would produce this symptom.

From reading online it could be lots of things, there's long threads without solution showing the same symptoms.

But if anyone has encountered similar or has any thoughts of where to go from here I'd appreciate whatever info you have!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

You need diagnostics. Simple.
    It could be anything relating to fuel, intake, cam or crank sensor, throttle control etc etc etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You need diagnostics. Simple.
    It could be anything relating to fuel, intake, cam or crank sensor, throttle control etc etc etc.

Yep. Can't argue there. I'll research what I need to read the codes on the e60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭tphase

where are you based? I've a scanner that should be able to read your codes (nothing fancy but it has BMW specific software loaded)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

You should definitely buy an INPA cable from ebay, they're incredibly cheap.

I have a laptop and cable here you're welcome to borrow.

Advertisement