Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carlow entry

Options
  • 18-04-2019 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi All

I am looking for entry for NS in Carlow.

So if any going spare please let me know.

Thanks

Bertje

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I’d like one myself so if the OP gets sorted I’d like to be next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

you should get an entry easy now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Seen that.

Not happy with that at all. CK all over.

Hopefully it will be cleared up for Athy 2 weeks later or there will be a proper **** storm coming.

On the bright side. I say you will pick up an entry easy enough now

I think I’ll leave it guys, the bike/runners got this :cool:

• Advertisement

To be honest I wouldn't do it if I didn't have an entry but hey it is what is yes.

Yes it is disappointing but it is probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Latest emails says they are restesting tomorrow and may still go ahead

yep got the same mail. Fingers crossed I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Swim is back on.

see that :)

• Advertisement

Hope they didn’t fudge it to get a better result, would rather no swim than a dirty swim

Hope they didn’t fudge it to get a better result, would rather no swim than a dirty swim

Fair point. we will see tomorrow

We didn’t,nothing to be gained from that. The decision to race was made by TI based on samples taken yesterday. The sampling company prioritised the samples and got the result back lunchtime today. The levels of bacteria had fallen off massively bringing the levels within acceptable parameters. Earlier this week I wouldn’t have swum in the river, today I’d be happy to. As race safety officer I wouldn’t allow athletes do something I wouldn’t.

griffin100 wrote: »
    We didn’t,nothing to be gained from that. The decision to race was made by TI based on samples taken yesterday. The sampling company prioritised the samples and got the result back lunchtime today. The levels of bacteria had fallen off massively bringing the levels within acceptable parameters. Earlier this week I wouldn’t have swum in the river, today I’d be happy to. As race safety officer I wouldn’t allow athletes do something I wouldn’t.

Thanks a griffin appreciate your feedback. It’s always a very well run race and have done it 4 years running. Looking forward to it.

griffin100 wrote: »

great race really enjoy it. if possible be back next year. 🀞

Fantastic race as always. Really enjoyed the bike leg this year and surprised myself with a 5km pb. Well done o all he organisers who did everything within their power all week to make sure the race went ahead as they had been planning all year. Many thanks to all the marshals and all involved too.

Also delighted with a 6 minute improvement on last year

Fantastic race as always. Really enjoyed the bike leg this year and surprised myself with a 5km pb. Well done o all he organisers who did everything within their power all week to make sure the race went ahead as they had been planning all year. Many thanks to all the marshals and all involved too
    yep can only echo this

Glad you enjoyed the race. It was a long day but after the drama of the water quality and the issues we had with racking last night (don’t ask!!) I’m happy that we put on a good race. See you next year!!

Advertisement