Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Gas BBQ - Weber?

• 07-04-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I've been waiting years to buy myself a decent BBQ and after researching for a while I'm think about splashing out on a Weber Genisis II E-310. I've always had cheep charcoal types so also switching to gas for the convenience.

My budget was between 600-1000 depending on the quality so that would be the top of the budget.

There don't seem to be too many places that sell these for me to take a look at them in person. Anyone see these on sale in the Limerick/Munster or West of Ireland area?
    Or any recommendations of an online purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

There’s a great shop called ‘a room outside’. They have a place in Limerick and a good website.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

There are a lot better makes of BBQ about that you would far better value with. A Broil King Signet - https://www.aroomoutside.ie/gas-barbecue-grills/broil-king-signettm-340.html - would be a far superior BBQ than the equivalent Weber. You get much more for your money with BK plus the build quality is far superior. The main pro for a Weber is the quantity of accessories available for it.
    You won't be disappointed with either but you should pop into aroomoutside in Limerick where you can see these and many more so you can make a better choice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I got a Sahara - nominally Irish brand, only ever seen them for sale in Woodies but not an own brand as such - last year and I'm perfectly happy with it. Original fitted cover had a failed zip after two uses but was replaced without issue

Total cost maybe half what the equivalent Weber was

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I have a weber Q 2200 and could not recommended it enough! I have used many gas bbqs before and find the speed of the Weber to be top notch and also the quality.

The accessories are also a added bonus!

Advertisement