Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sending a parcel to AU

Options
  • 07-04-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I want to send a few bits of clothes for a newborn in Sydney from Ireland. The weather been so much better than in Ireland, I want to ask are long sleeve tops & leggings suitable... 100% cotton or should it be t-shirts. There s load of lovely summer clothes in our shops now!! I would buy for up 6-9 months & 9 - 12 months as they usually gets loads of presents for up to 6 months. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Winter in Sydney can be cold but it isn't very long. Shops here in Australia sell winter clothes just like they do in Ireland and we all wear coats and scarves etc. The Summer is guaranteed of course but yes if you are buying winter clothes to fit this time next year then they will be good. If you are buying summer clothes then buy them to fit in 6 or 8 months time. Australians (that I know) tend to get into full winter clothes once the temp goes below 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thank you Chocolate for the help.

Chocolate would you tell me would a baby of 6 months wear long -sleeve tops during the SUMMER months or mostly t-shirts & would it be leggings or shorts. I saw a lovely navy dress with colours mixed through it, would the colour be suitable for the summer. Its mainly navy. I am so confused with the months & the weather!!Thanks a mill.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

hillbloom wrote: »
    Chocolate would you tell me would a baby of 6 months wear long -sleeve tops during the SUMMER months or mostly t-shirts & would it be leggings or shorts. I saw a lovely navy dress with colours mixed through it, would the colour be suitable for the summer. Its mainly navy. I am so confused with the months & the weather!!Thanks a mill.

It would be mostly tshirts and shorts for them in summer...but my experience is Western Australia so Sydney might be a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

In summer in Sydney babies or children would rarely wear long sleeves really, but there are always a few cooler days so it you love it and it isn't a heavy material go for it. It sounds lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

It can get cold in aircon.

Chocolate fiend.. You have been a great help. I sent the parcel to Sydney & they were very happy. They have never heard of CELLULAR BLANKETS...here in Ireland they are used all the time instead of woolly blankets. They are breathable & if the baby pulls the cellular blanket over their face, no fear of smothering. I just want to ask you, is there a different name for them in AU. Its their first baby. I was thinking of sending them a few from Ireland. They are cheap to buy but the postage is very expensive. If they are available there, no need to send them.. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Pillow Talk, Myer, Target and Baby Bunting all have them

Advertisement