Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

dilemma

• 06-04-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot

trying to decide between rebarreling my sako 75 varmint 308
    or buying a bergara hmr in 6.5 creedmoor
    thoughts ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭ cookimonster

If at all possible keep the 75 / .308 combination.......(great gun why mess with something that good).... and buy a 6.5 creedmoor to add to the gun safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ Damoeire33

2 is better than 1. Keep the sako as is and buy yourself a new toy

Its not cheap doing a rebarreling, the yanks do them for fun but its a lot cheaper over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot

If at all possible keep the 75 / .308 combination.......(great gun why mess with something that good).... and buy a 6.5 creedmoor to add to the gun safe.

took your advice
    bought the 6.5 absolutely love it
    will probably sell the 243 and buy a 204

Yep the 6.5 / .243 swap out makes more sense.... keeping the .30 cal and adding a speed pony.

Best of luck with the 6.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ badshot

Yep the 6.5 / .243 swap out makes more sense.... keeping the .30 cal and adding a speed pony.

Best of luck with the 6.5.

any thoughts on which 204

• Advertisement

I don't have any experience with the .204 so I can't help you

But I did do a good bit of research on the Ruger M77 Hawkeeye when I was searching for a 270/30-06, I was impressed enough to inquire after one that I was unfortunately piped at the post by another lad here.

Advertisement