Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Passat advice?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Have a look instead at a Skoda Superb. Terrific value out there and well equipped too. Built by VW on the same chassis but often overlooked by Passat buyers. So much stuff as standard, Have a look anyway.

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Have a look instead at a Skoda Superb. Terrific value out there and well equipped too.
    I have had a look at them. Are they much bigger than a Passat? I am moving from a Nissan Note so even the Passat is quite big compared.

- Andy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

I have had a look at them. Are they much bigger than a Passat? I am moving from a Nissan Note so even the Passat is quite big compared.

- Andy
    They are bigger I would say, I am on my second one and so far Bombproof. Leather seats, all electric, more toys. Look how many Taxis are Skoda's. They just keep going. I would advise a close look at the Superb, Seriously.

Wtf ? wrote: »
    They are bigger I would say, I am on my second one and so far Bombproof. Leather seats, all electric, more toys. Look how many Taxis are Skoda's. They just keep going. I would advise a close look at the Superb, Seriously.
    Thanks for the advice. It definitely is a workhorse & has all the toys I am looking for haha! I will have a look around for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

The last one, the black 132 looks like the pick of the litter there in terms of spec and history. The brown one looks honest too. I'd probably steer clear of the first two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Having owned a Passat and now a Superb (both Petrol) they are both great cars. I prefer the Superb but not everyone needs that much space. The 1.6 diesel is a bit of a dog, if you can find a 2.0 it suits the car much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Would the Passat be a fairly decent commuter car for a 100km daily commute ?

Currently do it in a mk5 tdi golf, would also be looking the same year range as the op

Would be looking a 2.0 tdi ‘sport’ version myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

josephsoap wrote: »
    Would the Passat be a fairly decent commuter car for a 100km daily commute ?

Currently do it in a mk5 tdi golf, would also be looking the same year range as the op

Would be looking a 2.0 tdi ‘sport’ version myself.

Yes it would be ideal for commuting.

Advertisement