Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowney's Mall - EYESORE for the Decades.

Options
  • 26-03-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Lowney's Mall, a big eyesore. There was plans to get some shops in there in 2015, whatever happened to that idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I note from that article that they intend closing off and abandoning the upstairs accommodation - whatever happened to the idea of getting more people back living in town centres - above retail premises? Enniscorthy is chocker with similar abandoned accommodation over shops and there's nothing to rent at reasonable price in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I note from that article that they intend closing off and abandoning the upstairs accommodation - whatever happened to the idea of getting more people back living in town centres - above retail premises? Enniscorthy is chocker with similar abandoned accommodation over shops and there's nothing to rent at reasonable price in the town.

Too much work I guess the ideas been brought up several times but never gets anywhere with Lowneys Mall and the adjacent buildings up for sale and alleged sale of Dun Mhuire there is allot of space there for some kinda development

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wexfordman2040

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Too much work I guess the ideas been brought up several times but never gets anywhere with Lowneys Mall and the adjacent buildings up for sale and alleged sale of Dun Mhuire there is allot of space there for some kinda development

I'm presuming there is a masterplan for this area now, possibly upcoming in the new Wexford County Development plan 2019-2025? Who knows :confused:

There is a raft of empty properties there now and a big chunk of space. That coupled with the selling off and destruction of the Dun Mhuire, it could be a chance for something worthwhile! At the moment, its a BOMB SITE right in the centre of town!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm presuming there is a masterplan for this area now, possibly upcoming in the new Wexford County Development plan 2019-2025? Who knows :confused:

There is a raft of empty properties there now and a big chunk of space. That coupled with the selling off and destruction of the Dun Mhuire, it could be a chance for something worthwhile! At the moment, its a BOMB SITE right in the centre of town!

Well the development plan is only a suggestive list of things the council would like to see done and not things that will get done. Obviously it depends on if any buildings are protected structures or if they are in a conservation area but the south main street area is rather empty, thirty years ago it was the opposite the north main street selskar area was empty and south main street was the busy area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 wexfordman2040

It's an awful DUMP! Gives a VERY BAD impression of the place for people who live here and also visitors/tourists to the place. Also, the state of the streetscape with dirt and stains all over the footpaths. It needs a good bloody scrub, wax, polish. Council should be more pro active in the area of street cleaning on those surfaces! There was a big hullabaloo about it on the paper a while back and we heard a lot of hot air about it, but it seems to have fallen back to business as usual on this matter!

Advertisement