Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septoplasty

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

I first attended my consultant in Vincent’s Private last September, with referral from GP. Quite a wait to see him. He ordered a CT (another wait) and allergy test, later negative. Saw me again in December, the deviation is extreme and leading to recurrent ling infections as well as local discomfort. I’m scheduled to have it second half of April. VHI will fully cover it, but I’m in VHI all my life.

There’s always a waiting period before anyone can benefit from taking out or upgrading Health insurance for any pre-existing condition. I stand to be corrected but I think the waiting period is 5 years. It’s to discourage people from taking out insurance to cover something they already know needs treating.

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoife789

Does anyone know if a Septoplasty changes the aesthetic of your nose? Ie will it straighten a nose which was broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 daniel wooden

No. Septoplasty itself doesn't change the shape of your nose. But, if you want to change the shape of your nose in addition to correcting your deviated septum, your surgeon may be able to combine septoplasty with rhinoplasty.

Advertisement