Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar panel for shed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

I know this is old.
    10W panel is not going to cut it or charge the battery especially for water pump
    I have 2x 12V panels 140W total with MPPT charger, 115Ah leisure battery in my shed. I use this setup for leds(when needed) and also to drive 2x 12V airpumps(total 50W) for 14hours(20 mins every hour). Also I run time to time I run 12V submersible pump for watering pants. Setup runs well in Irish weather and the battery never got drained in over 3 years. Initially I had 60W panel only with a single airpump and this one was struggling to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,680 ✭✭✭✭unkel

jogdish wrote: »
    how likely am I to get the 12v needed to charge a 12v battery on a typical Irish day. Or am I only likely to see 12v coming on a great summers day?

You will see well over 12V all the time during daylight hours. A 12V panel typically shows about 15-20V. The power output of course depends completely on the solar irradiance. Only in full sunshine blue skies will you get the rated 10W power from that panel.

Advertisement