Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M50 J12

• 09-03-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

I was on the M50 last night ( +- 17h30 ) and was amazed to see the traffic queue for exiting J12 southbound back before J11's onramp - so much so the traffic wanting to merge onto the M50 SB at J11 was queued back up onto the N81.

I was heading Northbound, and also noticed that the traffice exiting at J12 was queued back onto the M50 and up to the bend after the Cemetery.

Is it only me or has the traffic volume to exit both NB & SB at J12 increased? What I saw yesterday will only create a serious accident at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It has increased, but the ridiculous narrowing of the roundabout near to the junction is causing traffic to back up every day of the week and every weekend.

I've left Dublin now but more than once I'd come off at J11 and go home that way rather than use J12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

It has increased, but the ridiculous narrowing of the roundabout near to the junction is causing traffic to back up every day of the week and every weekend.

I've left Dublin now but more than once I'd come off at J11 and go home that way rather than use J12.

I accept and agree with You. But what has changed with the exiting traffic coming off the NB section to turn left? As for turning right, it's now becoming a disaster. I saw the 15 bus come up the outside lane and force his way in just where the traffic turns right onto SB M50.

Truly crazy what's going on there!

Advertisement