Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

We should stop playing Amhran na bhfiann at home rugby internationals

• 05-03-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ PhilOssophy

As the title says.
    Nobody bats an eyelid when we don't play it at away internationals, or at world cup, etc.
    Why do we persist with playing 2 anthems at home games? It just makes us look backward, uneducated, and stupid. Opponents must look at us and think WTF are these stupid pixies playing 2 anthems for?
    99.99% of those watching the match don't care, and the rest can get over themselves.
    Play Irelands Call (which I don't like as a song but meh) and get on with the rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭ Squidgy Black

No

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ 087brain21

tbh they just play the 2 just to keep everyone happy north and free staters

Amhran na bhfiann is just 3-4 minutes long i think we just struggle on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭ Franz Von Peppercorn

As the title says.
    Nobody bats an eyelid when we don't play it at away internationals, or at world cup, etc.
    Why do we persist with playing 2 anthems at home games? It just makes us look backward, uneducated, and stupid. Opponents must look at us and think WTF are these stupid pixies playing 2 anthems for?
    99.99% of those watching the match don't care, and the rest can get over themselves.
    Play Irelands Call (which I don't like as a song but meh) and get on with the rugby.

Pixies, eh. Pixies. Mother Ireland is rearing them yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec

Anthem chat is off limits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement