Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Laochra Gael

• 27-02-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭ MattressRick

Just watched the Seamus Darby one. Missed the start so I don't know how much of an intercounty career he had before 82, if much at all, so it looked like they had to fill it all with the 82 final! But the aftermath, the way his life unravelled was more interesting than most episodes I've seen. Good to see he's on top of things now.
    Also looked like nobody told him to reign in the language! Doesn't look like that one can be shown before the watershed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭ Amprodude

Just watched the Seamus Darby one. Missed the start so I don't know how much of an intercounty career he had before 82, if much at all, so it looked like they had to fill it all with the 82 final! But the aftermath, the way his life unravelled was more interesting than most episodes I've seen. Good to see he's on top of things now.
    Also looked like nobody told him to reign in the language! Doesn't look like that one can be shown before the watershed!

He got lucky with the goal but that goal nearly ruined his life after. Apparantely everyone was buying him drinks after the final for years. Delighted he has overcome all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭ MfMan

He was also on the team for the '72 final; was dropped for the drawn game but recalled for the replay.

Advertisement