Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 29 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thinking about these with my 2 FTs

Son -> Sterling
    Auba -> Higuain

I know Higuain is a bit of a risk but he's the kind of guy that could do something. Plus Sterling is Sterling and should play!

So are we saying Higuain over Vardy??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Chesty08 wrote: »
    So are we saying Higuain over Vardy??

Yeah I am!

Already have Barnes from Leicester, and all my chips so it's reasonably short term!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Need some advice. Do I double up and play two Liverpool defenders , van djik and robertson at the expense of playing a third forward . Or drop one of the two above and play Deeney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Lads just have my 1 FT this week.. finally shifting richy .

So I've narrowed it down to 3 players.. Felipe Anderson or Pedro or Michail Antonio. All of them have favourable fixtures and play in match day 31.. i am leaning towards Fanderson but had him before and didn't gather me much points?

Any thoughts.?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Half thinking of going out in a blaze of glory with TC;ing Sterling tonight. Been hovering in the 20kish range for the past 10 gameweeks and nothing seems to be moving.

Reckon he'll defintiely start after the rest midweek, and Bournemouth are awful at defending

Save a thought for those of us hovering around the 200kish range!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Lads just have my 1 FT this week.. finally shifting richy .

So I've narrowed it down to 3 players.. Felipe Anderson or Pedro or Michail Antonio. All of them have favourable fixtures and play in match day 31.. i am leaning towards Fanderson but had him before and didn't gather me much points?

Any thoughts.?

Antonio is in good form and is a real goal threat so could be a good option. Anderson has potential for double figure hauls if he fires but another alternative from West Ham could be Lanzini. His name was mentioned here in a previous post. He looked dangerous when he came on at half time against City and could be due to start at the weekend after coming back from injury but nothing certain yet I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah I am!

Already have Barnes from Leicester, and all my chips so it's reasonably short term!

Ye I’ve no Leicester or Chelsea cover so not sure. Releasing Aubameyang will give me funds for

Speroni -> boruc
    Puncheon-> ???
    AWB -> Schar
    Jimenez -> Arnaautovic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Salah > Mane, frees up over £4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking Salah and Jimenez to mane and hig but gonna wait until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ye I’ve no Leicester or Chelsea cover so not sure. Releasing Aubameyang will give me funds for

Speroni -> boruc
    Puncheon-> ???
    AWB -> Schar
    Jimenez -> Arnaautovic

I did the Son -> Sterling move last night as I had the funds.

Will ponder on whether Auba will score more this week than those I'd sell. Bonus that Higuain didn't go up last night either.

As for your options, I'm not sure Arnie is to be trusted. Sure he could start and score a brace but it's a risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rashy back in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Son & Auba to Sterling & Rashy done last night before the price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Last 4 GWs - touches in the box: Salah 37, Mane 17. Shots: Salah 17, Mane 9

Something, something..unsustainable. Something, something...big score coming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Will try to bank this week to plan for skinny week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bednarek to TAA i think. Awaiting all the team news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

PEA to Rashford, seems like a sideways move as they play each other after this game week and PEA could score well.
    Tempted to bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

People getting rid of son to quick in my view

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    People getting rid of son to quick in my view

People prepping for the blanks and doubles. Son has 2 poor fixtures and a blank in his next 4. I'm not mad about selling him, but I've done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Pereira Bennett AWB
    Salah Mane Pogba Son Deulofeu
    Jimenez Barnes Vardy

I'm actually worried about this weekend.

I can see Rashford punishing me, although at least Vardy returned something last GW.

I think I'm going to keep Laporte, swallow the continued value falls, and aim to probably keep him for the run in once he's back (hopefully for likely DGW 32).

I can't get Sterling without a hit, or getting rid of Salah or Mane, which I'm just not going to do. i'm not getting Aguero due to playing time risk (saying that, I'd not transfer him out if I had him. I just don't think getting him in is worth the risk). At the moment I've Barnes on the bench for this weekend, but the strong front 8 is actually irritating me this time. I just know I won't get it right.

But even with all that, I'm thinking of doing Deulofeu ----> B Silva as City cover. What do you think? I'm already decently set to get 8 or 9 players for BGW 31, so I don't need to worry too much about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ya Aguero and Sterling are scaring the life outta me, I'm hoping Hazard can spring a surprise

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fabianski Hamer
    VVD Laporte Pereira Bennett AWB
    Salah Mane Pogba Son Deulofeu
    Jimenez Barnes Vardy

I'm actually worried about this weekend.

I can see Rashford punishing me, although at least Vardy returned something last GW.

I think I'm going to keep Laporte, swallow the continued value falls, and aim to probably keep him for the run in once he's back (hopefully for likely DGW 32).

I can't get Sterling without a hit, or getting rid of Salah or Mane, which I'm just not going to do. i'm not getting Aguero due to playing time risk (saying that, I'd not transfer him out if I had him. I just don't think getting him in is worth the risk). At the moment I've Barnes on the bench for this weekend, but the strong front 8 is actually irritating me this time. I just know I won't get it right.

But even with all that, I'm thinking of doing Deulofeu ----> B Silva as City cover. What do you think? I'm already decently set to get 8 or 9 players for BGW 31, so I don't need to worry too much about that.

Chips remaining and plans re navigating skinnies/doubles?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmm 2fts...

I can do Son & Anderson to Sterling & Hayden

Anderson with the GW31 fixture but he's not passing the eye test and I don't want to keep out of form players just for that reason. Will have 9 for GW31 without a hit so happy enough with that.

Alternatively I can either do Anderson to Maddison or Jota to Maddison.

Sterling could be a great differential over the next two games.

manual_man wrote: »
    Chips remaining and plans re navigating skinnies/doubles?

Should've said - all chips remaining.

WC, TC, BB, FH.

the plan is probably...
    plan for 31.
    FH in 32.
    WC 34.
    BB/TC 35.
    BB/TC 37.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Should've said - all chips remaining.

WC, TC, BB, FH.

the plan is probably...
    plan for 31.
    FH in 32.
    WC 34.
    BB/TC 35.
    BB/TC 37.

Yeah it's hard to say. It's hard to argue using your WC early. Your squad is pretty good. Though obviously you're worried about having no City attack(mind you I wouldn't bother looking at Bilva). Did you consider Salah to Sterling this week and captain him? It's very tough though. Liverpool have a good fixture next gw(as do City though). Best to have more headaches though :)

Who do you plan to captain as stands? I don't have him but if I did I'd be very tempted by Jimenez this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Son to Sterling. Will throw the armband on Sterling. Hoping he will be somewhat of a differential in mini leagues

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah it's hard to say. It's hard to argue using your WC early. Your squad is pretty good. Though obviously you're worried about having no City attack(mind you I wouldn't bother looking at Bilva). Did you consider Salah to Sterling this week and captain him? It's very tough though. Liverpool have a good fixture next gw(as do City though). Best to have more headaches though :)

Who do you plan to captain as stands? I don't have him but if I did I'd be very tempted by Jimenez this week.

never ever tempted by Jimenez. Wolves are unpredictable as the day is long, so you just take their assets' points as they come.

it's Pogba or Salah for me. On Salah at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Either Kolasinac out for TAA

or

Son out for Mane

Not sure which is a better move to be honest. I could see Mane starting CF again the next few games.

Half tempted to do Speroni to Ryan for -4 and then BB

Alisson Ryan
    AWB Tarkowski TAA Doherty Yedlin
    Salah Sterling Son Pogba Jota
    Aguero Barnes Rondon

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Need opinions as im 2nd in money league and only 14 pts behind, have used wildcard but have everything else, planning on fh in 31 so trying to build for DGW 32. What fixtures are being mooted for that GW?

Team atm is
    Ederson Dubravka
    Robbo Holebas Luiz Doherty Bednarek
    Pogba Son Salah Redmond Jota
    Jiminez Vardy Llorente

Have 1 Ft this week wondering whether to bank it or get Llorente-Luiz out for Murray-Lindelof/TAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

markc91 wrote: »
    Need opinions as im 2nd in money league and only 14 pts behind, have used wildcard but have everything else, planning on fh in 31 so trying to build for DGW 32. What fixtures are being mooted for that GW?

Team atm is
    Ederson Dubravka
    Robbo Holebas Luiz Doherty Bednarek
    Pogba Son Salah Redmond Jota
    Jiminez Vardy Llorente

Have 1 Ft this week wondering whether to bank it or get Llorente-Luiz out for Murray-Lindelof/TAA

The games from 31 should slot into 32 but can't be guaranteed something funny doesn't happen instead. You have to consider what you're going to do about the week 33 blanks.

Advertisement