Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JVGs last contracted season could very well turn out to be a rebuilding one rather than a consolidation one.

Theres a hell of a lot of experience being lost

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sydthebeat wrote: »
    JVGs last contracted season could very well turn out to be a rebuilding one rather than a consolidation one.

Theres a hell of a lot of experience being lost

A lot of experience lost but Stander was the only starter.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

And when the likes of POM, Coombes, carbery, casey, Murray, Beirne are away with Ireland they were they the type of player that is needed to keep the wheels going.

I just find it a bit strange how the tiles have fallen for JVG in what should be his zenith season

And when the likes of POM, Coombes, carbery, casey, Murray, Beirne are away with Ireland they were they the type of player that is needed to keep the wheels going.

I just find it a bit strange how the tiles have fallen for JVG in what should be his zenith season

Covid, Covid and Covid.

The players leaving shed quite a bit from the wage bill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You'll still have the likes of the two Scannells, Kleyn, Archer/Ryan, Haley for those games. And SA won't be playing during the 6Ns so DDA, Snyman and Jenkins will be around. Its not like there'll be no experience there.

And seeing as the new format league doesn't clash with any international games, some or all of those internationals will be available for most league games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Conor Murray is Lions Captain. Delighted for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Caranica wrote: »
    Conor Murray is Lions Captain. Delighted for him!

Absolutely! Thought he was really good today. He's obviously really well thought of by the other coaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Billy Holland when the starters are away with Ireland is going to be a huge loss.

phog wrote: »
    Billy Holland when the starters are away with Ireland is going to be a huge loss.

Come on down RG Snyman and Jason Jenkins.

Holland is a loss but he's been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Come on down RG Snyman and Jason Jenkins.

Holland is a loss but he's been replaced.

Beirne, kleyn, ahern, whtcherly, Gavin "mother****ing poty" coombes well be ok I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's like a season of "Lost" with this lad...more twists and turns than we can handle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That article says he'll be fit for the November test series. So like he'll play about 3 matches for Munster before leaving for another 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So sad. And all they did was to throw petrol on the fire, as any reasonable adult would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Clegg wrote: »
    That article says he'll be fit for the November test series. So like he'll play about 3 matches for Munster before leaving for another 6 weeks.
    I thought the new format didn't clash with test weekends?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It doesn't clash with the European calendar, ie. the AIs and 6N. The Rugby Championship though will overlap with the first two rounds of the URC. I doubt we'll see himself or DDA at all until after the AIs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Camps I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Farrell ruled out for US game. POM starting his off season. https://twitter.com/CianTracey1/status/1412012484664381445?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

https://www.the42.ie/gavin-coombes-ireland-debut-5486809-Jul2021/

Coombes laughed heartily when asked to recount the words of wisdom that the province’s coaches had for him.

“Graham Rowntree left me a voice note chanting at me: ‘Super Gav, Super Gav, Super Gav!’ and told me he missed me,” said Coombes.

“He’s just a good fella and that’s the way he is with everyone in Munster.:pac:

Rowntree sounds like a character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone here (Limerick based preferably) want old rugby match programmes, mostly Munster but some Ireland and possibly some Shannon/AIL?

They're going to the recycling centre shorthly if no takers

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Wasps and Castres in the Champions Cup.

Castres had two players cited the last time we played them, Carbery had a tough day with the boot the same game IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

carbery had a tough day full stop, started for some reason despite rushing back from injury and JJ getting MotM against them the previous week. was also yet another game where POM turned down easy points to go for a try and it backfired

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Interested to know what other games, cos I can't think of many? There were 2 red cards missed in that game, and a marginal try disallowed for Munster; if it backfired it was very marginal.

But I don't really buy the suggestion you're implying. If you're going to criticise him for decisions where it's backfired, you have to also give him credit for examples where it's worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

first exeter game that season, racing semi the previous year and a few leinster games over the years. think in the pro14 final this year it happened too but i could be incorrect there, to be fair sexton and best are/were worst than him for it. at home when the pack is well on top it can be a good idea but away in france (where hometown refs are far from unheard of) right before halftime always should go for the points. yes there were some terrible decisions given against munster that day but all the more reason to take easy points when they were on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There were rumours at the time that Castres had bribed Wayne Barnes to ref like he did that day, hopefully whoever we get this time as our man in the middle is competent but I don't hold out much hope, should be a good game regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Seriously those kind of completely baseless accusations have no place on this forum. Maybe take a trip to the conspiracy theory section. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Advertisement