Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Tennis Betting

• 19-02-2019 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

Picks for 19/02/19
    Radu Albot to beat Ivo Karlovic at evens
    Alliasame to beat Fognini at 13/8
    Sabalenka-Jorovic over 18.5 games at 4/7

Anything else take your fancy today? Also had Sofia Kenin to beat Daria Kasatkina at 1/2 earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

Sometimes I like to wait and watch a game or two. For example, yesterday I got on Caroline Garcia at 13/8 after she lost her serve in the first game of the match. Recommend trying to identify slow starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

2/3 was good. I got a bit too cute on that Sabalenka match.

Tennis is very volatile and unpredictable I find. It is not that unusual for the inplay odds to completely turn around very quickly. I do not recommend backing heavy favourites in Tennis at all especially in women's tennis.

On account of it being volatile I find that there is an opportunity to identify good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ Fr Tod Umptious

2/3 was good. I got a bit too cute on that Sabalenka match.

Tennis is very volatile and unpredictable I find. It is not that unusual for the inplay odds to completely turn around very quickly. I do not recommend backing heavy favourites in Tennis at all especially in women's tennis.

On account of it being volatile I find that there is an opportunity to identify good value.

Over the last month I have been trying to get a tennis strategy going on Betfair

A side effect I have noticed is that my bank would be up approx 65% if I did the following for WTA games.

If the starting underdog wins the first set on their own serve lay them for a liability of 10% of your bank.

I was 108% up a few days ago but it has dropped back.

The above is not the strategy I am trying to use but I will keep records and see what it's like at the end of the year.

There is a lot of money to be made on tennis, but you need the time to study and identify where.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭ mailburner

I couldn't find a more recent tennis thread here so apologies for posting here

I see medvedev is evens to win his quarter and djokovic 1/2 in the open starting tomorrow

I took the double at 2/1

I really can's see who will beat either en route to the semis

mailburner wrote: »
    I couldn't find a more recent tennis thread here so apologies for posting here

I see medvedev is evens to win his quarter and djokovic 1/2 in the open starting tomorrow

I took the double at 2/1

I really can's see who will beat either en route to the semis

Done and dusted
    Djokovic gave me a scare yet still got there despite being injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭ okidoki987

mailburner wrote: »
    Done and dusted
    Djokovic gave me a scare yet still got there despite being injured

Good shout but as you said Djokovic was looking dodgy when he was injured.
    I chickened out of backing him at 7.0 to win it outright just after that match, would have been nice slip now he's odds on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ leffesem

Have often thought about that WTA angle as mentioned above re the underdog winning the first set, and then backing the fav; regardless who served in the first set. Very uncompetitive matches in the ladies' events it often seems, when looking at the results - 6-1 , 1-6 , 3-6, or similar scores are fairly commonplace in the Women's game; but don't watch enough of it, or bet in it much. Definitely an angle there alright.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Good shout but as you said Djokovic was looking dodgy when he was injured.
    I chickened out of backing him at 7.0 to win it outright just after that match, would have been nice slip now he's odds on again.

I spotted the 6s but chickened out too.
    I wasn't confident watching him v raonic and thought he
    was in real trouble, same v zverev but he got it done.

I think there's value in medvedev now at 11/4 having had all his wins
    in straights sets except one match though I see novak faces the qualifier
    in the semis so he's probably going to make the final

nadal going 5 here so it's advantage medvedev surely

Advertisement