Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co-sleeper mattress too hard

Options
  • 11-02-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently purchased a Babylo cozy sleeper for the son but the mattress it came with is like a board and the little lad can’t sleep in it. I have searched online for more a comfortable compatible mattress but have had no joy. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We have a Chicco next2me and the mattress is very hard. I wrap it in a blanket from Dunnes which is lovely and thick and gives added softness. Ours is pink and white wool with hearts on it, they do them in blue and white too with stars or circles. Not the fleece blankets they stock but a lovely soft wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Check out big Mickey on boards.

They will be able to advise and sell a very suitable and at a good price mattress to fit.

They have a place in Longford but delivery is free and anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I did the same as Cash Q with our co- sleeper and put a lovely soft blanket under the sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I have the chicconext2me. Apparently babies should be sleeping on a very firm surface so just bear that in mind.
    For no 2 i bought the mattress topper from same brand as was not buying a new mattress. It makes it softer so could be an option if fits your mattress too. Also breathable and completely safe.
    Of course was all a waste as baby is in my bed but that's another story.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Just be careful about putting blankets and stuff under the baby. The mattresses in the co sleepers are breathable and if the baby somehow manages to flip over on their face they can breathe through the mattress. If you put blankets on to make it softer then you are taking away this safety feature.

Also, babies are supposed to sleep on a reasonably firm surface on their back so that their spine is supported correctly, its the same reason they say your baby should not be in a car seat for longer than 2 hours at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Little Dreamers in Galway will order a custom made mattress for moses baskets (and probably cots).You measure your bed and put in the neasurements, and they are proper foam mattresses with air holes cut in them and a removable cover .I got one for our very old moses basket there as it was bigger than the standard sizes.Maybe you could do the same for your cosleeper?They have a good online site.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Thanks folks, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Tefral wrote:
    Just be careful about putting blankets and stuff under the baby. The mattresses in the co sleepers are breathable and if the baby somehow manages to flip over on their face they can breathe through the mattress. If you put blankets on to make it softer then you are taking away this safety feature.

Tefral wrote:
    Also, babies are supposed to sleep on a reasonably firm surface on their back so that their spine is supported correctly, its the same reason they say your baby should not be in a car seat for longer than 2 hours at a time.

Eeeeek thank you for these reminders!!! I can't remember when I started putting the blanket in as I didn't always do it, I just hope it won't unsettle her when I take it away!

Advertisement