Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GAA players endorsements

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Didn't he go pro last year. Quit his job so that he could concentrate on things with Davy.

Lee Chin still lives at home with his parents. He doesn't have to come up with any money to pay rent or mortgage payments, or gas/electric bills, or fill the oil tank for the winter, or pay the phone/telly/broadband bills. Or fix the leaky gutters or replace draughty windows. He also doesn't have a wife & young kids to support.

Very easy to go professional, or live off your sponsorship money, when you've someone else paying most of your bills for you & you have zero personal responsibilities other than showing up for training on time. It would be a very, very different story if mammy & daddy weren't quite so accommodating, or he had a family to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 patoh1

grbear wrote: »
    Sure, why not?

For instance if they were able to live off the money they make from the day job then they could use the income from the endorsements as a deposit on an investment property each year. Ten years of that and they'd be clearing €200,000 a year without too much effort.

I get you now. I’m not aware of this player having lots of properties, as far as I know he rents.

Same could be said for anyone, if they used their extra income to invest in bitcoin 10 years ago they’d be multi millionaires now.

Advertisement