Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Dub to Wex

Options
  • 07-02-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Im thinking of packing in my job in Dub and moving to wexford but Im not sure if its a good idea or not.

I have a decent job but long hours and high rent Im just thinking of getting out of the concrete jungle, I have no ties really but worried there won't be much for jobs and it may be hard to find a place to rent if I have no job initially.

I chose wexford as its on the east coast, still not too far from capital for when I need to visit but is near the sea and wicklow which is good for the outdoor life? Just unsure on the job market job sites... doesn't look great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

What industry are you currently working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Son wrote: »
    Im thinking of packing in my job in Dub and moving to wexford but Im not sure if its a good idea or not.

I have a decent job but long hours and high rent Im just thinking of getting out of the concrete jungle, I have no ties really but worried there won't be much for jobs and it may be hard to find a place to rent if I have no job initially.

I chose wexford as its on the east coast, still not too far from capital for when I need to visit but is near the sea and wicklow which is good for the outdoor life? Just unsure on the job market job sites... doesn't look great

It doesn't seem like you've really thought this through.
    Have you any savings to tide you over? Are you qualified at anything? Do you have any transport? Just to up and move because you are restless is a recipe for disaster, if it doesn't work out will you be able to move back, will you be able to get as good a job, will you be able to find a place to live?
    I presume as you posted in the Wexford forum that this is your preferred destination, well I can tell you that despite Mr Varadkar's claims, life in most parts of rural Ireland has not greatly improved in the "recovery". Jobs are few and far between and disproportionately in the services area. Accommodation in the more prosperous towns like Gorey and Wexford is expensive and in short supply. Public transport is virtually non existent, unless you are going from one of the main centres of population to Dublin.
    I'm not trying to knock Wexford, I wouldn't live anywhere else but I don't have the problems that you would face. I know you said you have no ties but you really need to find someone you can trust and bounce this off them, let them pick holes in it and point out the pitfalls. Above all, don't do anything rash.

Advertisement