Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Council Inspection for HAP

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Who told you this?

they might (in my experience they did not) ask for a periodic inspection report.

The fact that an installation does not comply with the current standards does not mean there is anything wrong with it.

The standard for electrical work in the regulation is ‘good repair and safe working order’. There is no requirement to comply with the latest standard that I know of

not all electricians are interested in doing inspection work.

https://safeelectric.ie/help-advice/periodic-inspection-reports/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The electrician who came here as the place had been empty years and inspection is mandatory after I think two years, does these inspections all the time for the council as this is council owned. Fitted smoke and co2 alarms etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Thanks all. It'll be interesting to ee what the inspection actually shows then. They'll tell me what I actually need to do rather than a spark giving an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Exactly. A bit like the NCT. Don’t fix it until they tell you it’s broken.

For the record, I was inspected in late 2017. I totally ignored the report. They came back to check the progress earlier this year nearly 4 years later. No work done. I was issued with a copy of the report and a warning that I could be issued with a prohibition order. Again I binned it. I haven’t heard anything from them yet and I don’t really care because I finally succeeded in getting my tenant out and I’m selling up.

I’m not saying you should do what I did but if they issue a prohibition order they will be shooting themselves in the foot because they’ll need to find ‘their’ hap tenant a new house. How quickly do you think that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Particularly when I'm in Donegal with a pending rental crisis due to Mica. I can't imagine they'll be too keen on trying to get a HAP tenant family of 4 rehoused.

That said, whatever they ask me to do, I will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Do post back and let us know what they ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭The devils

Dr phil

Woukd you PM the details of the windows restrictors please.

If your having difficulty getting a sparks to complete the work I'll PM the one I got. (I work in Dublin city council) they use this crowd for the periodic inspection reports etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

yep same thing happened to us on a Fingal inspection: Filtered hood but no outside ventilation though there is a window in a small kitchen. Solution got hole bored in wall and a bathroom type extractor fan fitted. Sorted thought the tenant himself admits he never uses it!!

Advertisement