Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW25 Captain

2

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat


    You'd sell that kind of advice on Twitter!!!!


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    spock. wrote: »
    Wolves away, Newcastle at home but only if Wolves make the FA Cup quarter final.
    (small chance it's GW35 which would be Wolves away, Palace at home)

    Damn.

    That’s pretty appealing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel


    Aubameyang is the one player I’d love to TC.

    Any idea of what that DGW would look like for Arsenal ?

    Their match in GW31 away to Wolves will probably be played in DGW32 along with a home game against Newcastle. It's unlikely to be played in DGW35 when they have Palace at home according to Crellin.


    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18r08-Z5lot760c2k1B380OCnNHXLRnNH31YWagB4Oas/htmlview?sle=true#


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog


    The problem with waiting for the other potential captain options to get their double GW for using your TC is that it will most likely be at the expense of another chip (assuming you still have all your chips)


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Might wait for Aubameyang so.

    I knew I was wide open to Aguero killing me this GW but I didn’t realise how much Sane could hurt me too.

    Really not looking forward to watching those City games at all.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko


    Question folks. I still have my chips left bar the two WCs. How many projected DGW's is there to come? Just worried if I don't use my TC now I won't have an opportunity to use it another time with using BB and FH.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog


    Question folks. I still have my chips left bar the two WCs. How many projected DGW's is there to come? Just worried if I don't use my TC now I won't have an opportunity to use it another time with using BB and FH.

    After this DGW there are two more with a very small chance of a Chelsea double in another GW


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel


    thunderdog wrote: »
    The problem in waiting for the other potential options to get their double GW for using your TC is that it will most likely be at the expense of another chip (assuming you still have all your chips)

    This is foremost in my thinking too.
    I'll be TCing Sane or Sterling. Sane atm.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    It's been a while dear Sergio, welcome back :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Tracker9


    Sterling


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts


    thunderdog wrote: »
    The problem with waiting for the other potential captain options to get their double GW for using your TC is that it will most likely be at the expense of another chip (assuming you still have all your chips)

    Depends how highly you value the need to BB in a dgw.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01


    Aguero not in FPL nor FFS scout selections. Is it madness to captain him? I dunno why but I feel a bit underwhelmed at the thoughts of captaining Sterling.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer


    You know they say that all man city attackers are created equal, but you look at Sane, Sterling or kdb and you look at Aguero and you can see that statement is not true.

    See, normally if you pick Sterling or Sane as a DGW captain, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Pep is a genetic freak and he's not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at picking the right captaincy choice. Then you add Jesus or Dilva to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. 

    See in the DGW 25 , you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but Pep, Peps got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Pep KNOWS he can screw us all and he's not even gonna try!

    So boards.ie qualifying league managers, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of a green arrow in gw25. But then you take Peps 'wheel of rotation' - a 75% chance of winning, if it was a normal single game week, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, and now you a got 141 2/3 chance of getting your DGW TC wrong .See fellow manager , the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you in game week 25.

    I'm a bit drunk but I don't think those odds add up


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy


    Salah for me.

    'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'



  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy


    I think the Rash will be back up top for United so I choose him. I see I'm alone in this. First time I've picked anyone other than Salah in a while.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto


    I feel very queezy and nauseous about choosing Sterling (or anyone) over Salah.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08


    Question folks. I still have my chips left bar the two WCs. How many projected DGW's is there to come? Just worried if I don't use my TC now I won't have an opportunity to use it another time with using BB and FH.

    Potentially your last one as the other two would be Free hit & Bench boost used.


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Potentially your last one as the other two would be Free hit & Bench boost used.

    You now have me considering TC Aguero..........


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand


    cant decide between captain sterling or aguero


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat


    Richarlison


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic


    pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Richarlison

    You hero.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist


    Kun


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan


    I really don't want to captain Sane for fear of nothing starting one game but I don't have any other options really. The only other option I see is Luiz as he should be guaranteed a cs but not sure I can bring myself to do it.

    Edit; feck it, I'll go with Salah against a West Ham team that shipped three the other night, MNF as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan


    Need the deadline to come quickly before I lose my resolve and take the TC back off


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79


    pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Richarlison

    I hope you stick with it and I hope you are rewarded
    He is my VC but i was very very very tempted


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn


    TC Sane


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude


    I kept it on salah but have a feeling I'm gonna regret it.


  • Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    Bit late now but aguero tc


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED


    POKERKING wrote: »
    Aguero gets a combined 90 at best, madness to TC him. He is also in awful form.

    I dont think even think he is worth a transfer!

    This aged terribly :-P


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    FourFourFM wrote: »
    This aged terribly :-P
    I captained Aguero, think all the logic available suggested he wasn't a prime TC option, but fair play to anyone who went ahead with it, you are in dreamland today with hopefully more to come.


Advertisement