Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

According to Ben Dinnery:

I've been trying to figure out a plan to get him back so if you've got him it might be worthwhile to just wait a bit. He'll be highly sought after when he returns. If you are determined to get a defender 5.1 or less I'd consider Holebas. Good attacking threat, decent fixtures and plays away to Cardiff on the blank GW27.

My own dilemma this week is whether or not I should make a transfer. Is it crazy to bank it when I've no Man City players? Here's my current line-up:

Guaita / Etheridge
    Robertson / Digne / AWB / Pereira / Bednarek
    Salah (c) / Hazard / Ricky / Pogba / Jota
    Firmino / Rashford / Deeney

I've 1.8m in the bank. I want to get Son in eventually but I don't want to sell Salah or Pogba. I'm prepared to sell Hazard or Ricky but not this gameweek as they've handy fixtures. If I sell Jota I'd need to take a hit. Is it worth tinkering with the midfield this week?

I could sell Digne and bring in Laporte but I don't have much faith in City defensively. If I sell Firmino I can only afford Jesus as I'm 0.3m short of Aguero. Not sure Jesus is going to play much.

Any thoughts welcome.
    I would personally transfer out Hazard for Sane. In the long run Sane is worth a better punt than Haz with Chelsea looking utterly toothless up front. I'm also very confident Sane will start both games. I know it's Huddersfield at home, but yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Is there another double game week coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What's the latest on Pogba's injury?
    Are there doubts on Son and Martial as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What's the latest on Pogba's injury?
    Are there doubts on Son and Martial as well?

Pogba looks good

Son played last GW but tired apparently.

Martial signed a new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Went ahead with Auba to Aguero. Plenty of arguments against it but I couldn't go into the week without owning the most highly captained player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Aguero& Llorente In for a hit Firmino & Rashford

Triple City attack Sterling Sane Aguero

Sterling captain

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would personally transfer out Hazard for Sane. In the long run Sane is worth a better punt than Haz with Chelsea looking utterly toothless up front. I'm also very confident Sane will start both games. I know it's Huddersfield at home, but yeah.

If I was to make a move this would be it. Two things make me reluctant: I've been burned by Pep roulette more than once, and the fact I've kept faith with Hazard a fair bit so I may as well give him a final chance at home to the league's worst club.

I've decided I'm not going to make a transfer. If I was to sell I'd only be acting out of fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Am I mad to bring Mendy in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Out:
    Hamer
    TAA
    Auba

In:
    Ederson
    Bednarek
    Aguero

Plan is to TC Aguero
    Then Reverse Aguero to Auba move in next gw or 2.

I never want to own TAA again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

I have 2FT and flags on Fabianski, Arnie, Brooks and Hojbjerg...

I also have triple Chelsea (Haz, Alonso, Luiz) who have City then a blank after this GW

Am I mad to be thinking about shipping out a Chelsea player this werk for someone who wont blank in two GWs time? I have Ricky and Aguero and am reluctant to get more for the DGW as they blank too and will mean hits down the line but Haz > Sane seems a very popular one this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Against my desperate desire to ship out Digne, I also did the Auba-Aguero one week move and switchback. Hopefully AWB can cover Digne this week, and worst case if I need Digne he might pick up a couple of points in the 2nd game against City. He can go in a couple of weeks time though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,765 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm.thinking of using the free hit. I have my wc too but want to save that for later in the season.
    Anybody else using the free hit this week?
    I've no City players is the reason I'm thinking of using it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I used my free hit to bring in Sane, Laporte and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm.thinking of using the free hit. I have my wc too but want to save that for later in the season.

Using it and have 6 city/Everton players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

eagle eye wrote: »

It's hard without knowing your team but I think you'll regret fh here. I'd just take 4 points to get at least one big city player in and then captain them. Should be enough insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am very conflicted
    Had decided to ignore DGW and stick with plan ahead of 27
    Son in for deulofeu and bench Jota (have jiminez too )

But now I am getting nervous
    15 points separate top 3 in main league and they both have Sané
    Only way I can get sane is by selling Pogba . I then wouldn’t have son but could play Jota
    Next week I would do sane to son or Pogba (he plays Fulham ) . Would lose either .3or .4 on Pogba ..........

When I see it typed out I should just get son right ?

Christ sane is leading the FFS captaincy poll.........

km79 wrote: »
    Christ sane is leading the FFS captaincy poll.........

I’d say that’s more to do with ownership. A lot of people own him & not Sterling or Aguero

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’d say that’s more to do with ownership. A lot of people own him & not Sterling or Aguero

Doesn't make it less scary!!!!
    I am trying to stay strong and stick with the plan. My team next week would be in great shape if I just get Son in. Would not be far off BB territory
    But the DGW fear and excitement is hard to resist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im thinking -4 pedro alli and robertson to son kdb and adam smith

• Advertisement

Im thinking -4 pedro alli and robertson to son kdb and adam smith

Are you playing Smith this GW? If not would you consider Lejeund or Schar over him

Are you playing Smith this GW? If not would you consider Lejeund or Schar over him

Ye Im playing him this week and I only have 4.3 to spend. With wildcard gone I also need him for the 3 blanks in 27, 31 and 33 Wolves, new , bur all at home are the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Has there been any update on mendy? I'm going to buy a city defender, and laporte is probably the sensible pick, but mendy or danilo is tempting as they could score a lot higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

All this fretting over the City DGW but aren't they fairly likely to have another DGW later in the season involving Cardiff at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MR NINE wrote: »
    Has there been any update on mendy? I'm going to buy a city defender, and laporte is probably the sensible pick, but mendy or danilo is tempting as they could score a lot higher.

Guardiola: “I don’t know [whether Mendy will be fit to face Arsenal]. After the minutes he played against Burton away, he had two or three days without training. In the last two training sessions, he was able to train and we will see day by day. He has a little bit of swelling in the knee. He needs time. It is a problem, but it's OK. Hopefully he can come back soon.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Ye Im playing him this week and I only have 4.3 to spend. With wildcard gone I also need him for the 3 blanks in 27, 31 and 33 Wolves, new , bur all at home are the fixtures.
    I feel a bit ashamed to admit it but I brought in Clyne last night for that same reason.

Yes good shout so. Is Smith playing left full now? He was out of team for ages

Mariappa also has good fixtures for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Guardiola: “I don’t know [whether Mendy will be fit to face Arsenal]. After the minutes he played against Burton away, he had two or three days without training. In the last two training sessions, he was able to train and we will see day by day. He has a little bit of swelling in the knee. He needs time. It is a problem, but it's OK. Hopefully he can come back soon.”

Sounds like I'd better steer clear of both. Boring old laporte it is i guess.

Yes good shout so. Is Smith playing left full now? He was out of team for ages

Mariappa also has good fixtures for then.

Ye I presume so. Always fairly attacking he was injured for a couple of months. Back in the team last 3 gws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I feel a bit ashamed to admit it but I brought in Clyne last night for that same reason.

I brought in Steve Cook, has good attacking stats recently. Bournemouth defenders look good for early wildcarders.

Advertisement