Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Messed up buttons trying to go to a break.

Incredible

And just after he said Netflix need to concentrate on quality over quantity and surely there's a better use of money.

Oh, the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭leath_dub

not remotely embarrassed by his ongoing incompetence. He's like Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons

And there goes another button malfunction as I type as he tries to go to an ad break!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭avfc1874

He just seems very innocent in a Dougal or trigger way,

He knows there's no accountability at Rte so he doesn't have to have any standards, if something works wow, he seems surprised,if it doesn't er er er ,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've never listened back, but does anyone know if the podcast of each show is uploaded fully? Containing all his mistakes as well I mean, or do they edit his gaffs out?

It would keep someone employed full time if they do edit.

Ray is amazed that you can have two people in the same building with the same name,

Ha ha ha,hi Ray, I'm Ray as well ha ha ha

How da fcuk is that man employed on national radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭archfi

Finally, Darcy actually told a decent enough story about...Shane McGowan

Asked McGowan for an interview, he said no because he 'didn't like what I (Darcy) was about' !!!

Agreed to be interviewed by Darcy's mother (!) instead

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good call Shane

Imagine the distain Shane had for Darcy, that he would rather be interviewed by Darcy's ma, then Darcy himself, and Ray said it's one of his most memorable moments on radio 😛.

He really is innocent

Listening to Ray, Ray's Ma and Shane recording from years back, it's interesting that Ray had that extremely fake, extremely forced laugh even back then

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Gay Byrne Show Fund was much better than the barter account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Tow

Those were the days when RTE gave a way cars, now only the tallent get free transport.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Burton Issue: Dead air for 20 seconds

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Ray has a notebook full of IOUs from Mrs. D'Arcy (shudder).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Ray has a lad on now who hasn't taken a breath since he commenced speaking

At first I didn't know who was, but kind of recognised the name

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

Is that the guy who used to appear on all the TV talent show auditions around 2003 and do shouted/spoken-word mash-ups of songs?

Yeah, he used to thow in a scissors kick or two for good measure. I remember in the 90s he was presenting love song shows on about 6 different pirate radio stations in Dublin, all to promote his dating club.

Ray must of cracked a joke, lad doing the nuacht nearly about to break into a giggle

I thought he had been sipping too much sherry, so to speak.

Neil Delamere is lucky Dustin The Turkey wasn't there to ask about the Bothair charity

Jaysus - Niamh Kavanagh still has some set of pipes ! Fantastic singer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ouch, Niamh Kavanagh has some serious voice! She is singing a christmas power carol. Where has she been? She is up there with Tina Arena, Mariah..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cathy Davis a couple of keys too high for Silent Night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭zell12

RTE need to do more of these type of shows, it is delightful, soothes the heart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Expunge

Bloody RTE Concert Orchestra becoming horribly over-exposed as a backing band.

I remember when they'd play the 'lighter' end of the classical repertoire sometimes. A little Mozart, a Dvorak suite for strings or some Hungarian dances by Brahms.

But now it's this crap that could be done on a couple of keyboards and mime to a track on the Late Late Show.

They'll be doing weddings next.

Ray has a top Spotify and Tick Tock song writer on, with many millions of views.

Ray can't understand why the lad still has a day job and that Tick-tock and Spotify don't pay de RTE levels of emoluments to their top stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

So D'Arcy essentially admitted to being sexually assaulted or at the least having inappropriate contact made while he was receiving a massage.....and laughed it off 🤔

Perhaps the person giving the massage shrugged it off with "sorry, wrong knob".

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I don't know who this lady is, or who her husband was. Was her husband a friend of Rays?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Advertisement

Surprised to see Ray D'Arcy back in the saddle so soon after Christmas.

Not in the least bit surprised with his ongoing death/terminal illness obsession

It's only a matter of time before some programme on RTE gets Staffords or Kirwans as a primary sponsor

Advertisement