Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Football League 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭cms88

I wonder how much Kevin McStay had on Dublin to win? He could at least try and cover up his bias

• Registered Users Posts: 66,833 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

cms88 wrote: »
    I wonder how much Kevin McStay had on Dublin to win? He could at least try and cover up his bias

Thought he was awful too. Constant biased opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Nah I think the 31 counties just can’t understand when someone is actually neutral when Dublin are around, so call him biased instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

At least he hadn't the same influence as Maurice Deegan, who must have had as much on Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Good to see the Wicklow man in to bat for the neighbours again :D

• Advertisement

Nah I think the 31 counties just can’t understand when someone is actually neutral when Dublin are around, so call him biased instead...

Anytime a Kerry player takes too many steps it was able to see yet seen nothing when it was a Dublin player? Care to explain that? Or Dublin player touch the ball on the ground nothing and when it was a Kerry player guess what? Justtwo examples

At least he hadn't the same influence as Maurice Deegan, who must have had as much on Kerry.

Thought he was close enough to 50-50 myself. Both have grounds for complaint. Fitzsimons has only himself to blame.

fullstop wrote: »
    Good to see the Wicklow man in to bat for the neighbours again :D

Or just watched what was happening.

Really? Where you watching the same game?

Thought he was close enough to 50-50 myself. Both have grounds for complaint. Fitzsimons has only himself to blame.

That wasn't an issue at all, it was the handing out of general frees.

Kerry were still better though and deserved the win, haven't seen as sloppy a Dublin team in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Dont worry about McStay- the Mayo lads seem to dislike us more than they dislike the Dubs.
    Its something to do with handing them their arse every time we meet in a final

What was the story at the end of the Kerry Dublin game, I was watching the other one?

Was it a melee after the whistle? Frustration from the Dubs?

What was the story at the end of the Kerry Dublin game, I was watching the other one?

I'd guess a mixture of frustration on one side and mouthing on the other bit who knows really. It was very little anyway.

Seems to have broken out among players and not an official. Hard to know how serious it was or who started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Anytime a Kerry player takes too many steps it was able to see yet seen nothing when it was a Dublin player? Care to explain that? Or Dublin player touch the ball on the ground nothing and when it was a Kerry player guess what? Justtwo examples

I can also recall many 50/50s going Kerry’s way and McStay saying it was the correct decision. Kerry got the win and the majority of the refs decisons, don’t tell me they want to be lauded by commentator for 70 minutes now also?

I can also recall many 50/50s going Kerry’s way and McStay saying it was the correct decision. Kerry got the win and the majority of the refs decisons, don’t tell me they want to be lauded by commentator for 70 minutes now also?

You're clearly from Dublin so it's really a waste of time trying to say anything to you. Most frees Kerry got was normally followed by ''Oh i think that was soft'' etc by McStay.

No that's something Dublin fans thing everyone should be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

That wasn't an issue at all, it was the handing out of general frees.

Kerry were still better though and deserved the win, haven't seen as sloppy a Dublin team in years.

Agreed. Kick outs were atrocious. Midfield only improved when MD and others came on late in 2nd half. We played better with 14 on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Dont worry about McStay- the Mayo lads seem to dislike us more than they dislike the Dubs. Its something to do with handing them their arse every time we meet in a final

Poor old Gill.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ValidMeekGull.gif

Not a single post today for twelve other games :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Was watching the roscommon tyrone game.

lots of blatant diving from Tyrone including the keeper at the end to turn a winning free to a hop ball.

There needs to be retrospective bans to stamp this out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not a single post today for twelve other games :D

I'm going to continue the trend not.

Interesting points by Tomas O Se re how to beat Dublin.

It was a great contest.

Shane Ryan appears to be a great prospect.That Kerry half back line was very impressive,Tom O Sullivan alongside Morley and O Beaglaoich.

Sean O Shea may be a greater scale of wunderkind than Clifford.:eek:

Dara Moynihan looks the real deal too.Nice interview when receiving his MOTM award.

There does still seem to be slightly soft centre but the result sets them up well for the rest of the league/year.

I would'nt be too worried for Dublin.If Dean Rock was still on the pitch we would likely have had a different result.I would have likely nailed Cormac Costello's free.

Paul Mannion is at the present time Dublin's outstanding footballer.He is the complete article.

There was a certain vulnerability in the full back line,Jonny Cooper will likely return to same as the year progresses.

Dublin have so much in reserve for later in the year and have hardly kicked a ball.

None's return is more important than Stephen Cluxton.His absence was stark last night for his kickouts.Comerford has a bright future but Cluxton is the present.

Big win for Galway,lost opportunity for a Roscommon win at the death.

Meath hung on for the win after a big comeback from Armagh.

A big come from behind win for Tipp as Donegal's unbeaten record goes.Another loss for the Rebels.

Another win for Longford in the absence of the Mullinalaghta boys.

Leitrim unbeaten run continues with a come from behind win against the saffron county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

seligehgit wrote: »
    I'm going to continue the trend not.

Interesting points by Tomas O Se re how to beat Dublin.

It was a great contest.

Shane Ryan appears to be a great prospect.That Kerry half back line was very impressive,Tom O Sullivan alongside Morley and O Beaglaoich.

Sean O Shea may be a greater scale of wunderkind than Clifford.:eek:

Dara Moynihan looks the real deal too.Nice interview when receiving his MOTM award.

There does still seem to be slightly soft centre but the result sets them up well for the rest of the league/year.

I would'nt be too worried for Dublin.If Dean Rock was still on the pitch we would likely have had a different result.I would have likely nailed Cormac Costello's free.

Paul Mannion is at the present time Dublin's outstanding footballer.He is the complete article.

There was a certain vulnerability in the full back line,Jonny Cooper will likely return to same as the year progresses.

Dublin have so much in reserve for later in the year and have hardly kicked a ball.

None's return is more important than Stephen Cluxton.His absence was stark last night for his kickouts.Comerford has a bright future but Cluxton is the present.

Big win for Galway,lost opportunity for a Roscommon win at the death.

Meath hung on for the win after a big comeback from Armagh.

A big come from behind win for Tipp as Donegal's unbeaten record goes.Another loss for the Rebels.

Another win for Longford in the absence of the Mullinalaghta boys.

Leitrim unbeaten run continues with a come from behind win against the saffron county.

Did Costello miss a free? Thought Andrews hit the post with shot from the mark.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is that Moynihan fella related to yer man who played for Kerry a while back?

Gael85 wrote: »
    Did Costello miss a free? Thought Andrews hit the post with shot from the mark.

Ta an ceart agat.You're quick off the mark!

Was watching the roscommon tyrone game.

lots of blatant diving from Tyrone including the keeper at the end to turn a winning free to a hop ball.

There needs to be retrospective bans to stamp this out

That was disgraceful really. But what were Roscommon waiting for the tackle for. Sure fire match winner available and they mess it up.

beertons wrote: »

Interesting question to which I've no answer.

Perhaps one of our Kerry bretheren can let us know if he is related to Seamus Moynihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

beertons wrote: »

Seamus Moynihan played with Glenflesk. Dara Moyinhan plays with Spa. Don't think their connected.

• Advertisement

Didn't realise TG4 were showing Clare and Cork too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement