Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

National Football League 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Patww79 wrote: »
    Dive? Give your head a shake there. There was nothing in it but it was hardly a dive.

I know! He was acting the hard man and got put on his hole! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Perifect wrote: »
    I know! He was acting the hard man and got put on his hole! :D

Two lads acting the hard man and one went down. Nothing to see, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

McManus fortuanate too not receive a black card.

This should really be the championship though, imagine these games in spring/summer.

Is there any possible way of removing the power of provincial councils?

• Advertisement

Two lads acting the hard man and one went down. Nothing to see, move on.

Cooper was partaking in sledging, holding off the ball ie. as he usually does. He then tries to trip McManus. Of course, McManus was having none of it and sent Cooper flying. :D

Perifect wrote: »
    Cooper was partaking in sledging, holding off the ball ie. as he usually does. He then tries to trip McManus. Of course, McManus was having none of it and sent Cooper flying. :D

You've seen exactly what you've wanted to see there.

You've seen exactly what you've wanted to see there.

You obviously didn't watch the match. It'll take a lot to defeat this in funniest moment of the season! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Bret Hart wrote: »
    McManus fortuanate too not receive a black card.

A trip is trip, punishable by a black card. Lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cheers.

Yeah that was a sneaky dirty one from McCarron. Doubt we'll see the same uproar as we've had all day about Donie Smith though somehow.

It was indeed.

Why not?:confused:

• Advertisement

ArielAtom wrote: »
    A trip is trip, punishable by a black card. Lucky man.

Clearly, Cooper was lucky also:

'Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.'

I think McManus dumping him on his arse was punishment enough for Cooper though. :D

seligehgit wrote: »
    It was indeed.

Why not?:confused:

Because Mayo, the shining white knights of football. There hasn't been an utterance today about him throwing the head back at Smith.

The same as a Mayo player throwing the head, a Dublin player getting kicked in the head is grand with the 99.9% of the media who push this stuff.

_

Because Mayo, the shining white knights of football. There hasn't been an utterance today about him throwing the head back at Smith.

I'd condemn and believe any attempted head butt should be sanctioned but still fail to see what that has to do with your post?Higgins should not have retaliated that the main focus is rightly on the instigator.

No it's not grand that any Dublin player gets a knee in the head.I don't know where you are getting that idea.

I'd condemn and believe any attempted head butt should be sanctioned but still fail to see what that has to do with your post?Higgins should not have retaliated that the main focus is rightly on the instigator.

No it's not grand that any Dublin player gets a knee in the head.I don't know where you are getting that idea.

Watch the usual talking heads tomorrow and see how many times it's mentioned compared to how many times the eye gouge was mentioned today and come back to me. It's all about who it happened to rather than what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Watch the usual talking heads tomorrow and see how many times it's mentioned compared to how many times the eye gouge was mentioned today and come back to me. It's all about who it happened to rather than what happened.

Cry me a river. Eir Sport completely brushed over the eye gouge thing last night. A few mayo fans were rightly annoyed on Twitter but I haven't seen any of the main pundits say anything.

McCarron should have seen red today as Smith should have last night.

Decent highlights on Allianz League Sunday at 21.30.

RTE getting their act together re league coverage.A whole hour and 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Gavin out

About time. They've a live NHL game next week two, one of their four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Cheers.

Yeah that was a sneaky dirty one from McCarron. Doubt we'll see the same uproar as we've had all day about Donie Smith though somehow.

Was McCarron booked for that? if so nothing more will be done going by the past incidents.

Was McCarron booked for that? if so nothing more will be done going by the past incidents.

I can't recall now but yeah if he was booked then he's in the clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Who's down to host it? Des Cahill or Joanne cantwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I'd be holding off on praising them until we actually see what they come up with.

The big issue previously is that they would spend a huge chunk of time on the already broadcast games [ Mayo v Roscommon and Tipperary v Clare in the hurling from last night and Monaghan v Dublin and Wexford v Limerick in the hurling from today] instead of the other games that weren't broadcast.

I will not be a bit surprised if the 4 already broadcast games get more air-time than the other 27 intercounty games played this weekend.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I'd be holding off on praising them until we actually see what they come up with.

The big issue previously is that they would spend a huge chunk of time on the already broadcast games [ Mayo v Roscommon and Tipperary v Clare in the hurling from last night and Monaghan v Dublin and Wexford v Limerick in the hurling from today] instead of the other games that weren't broadcast.

I will not be a bit surprised if the 4 already broadcast games get more air-time than the other 27 intercounty games played this weekend.

You can guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

RMAOK wrote: »

Joanne.

RMAOK wrote: »

Joanne Cantwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭C__MC

Poor today by tyrone- very hard to know where they stand

clare pushed donegal all the way in D2

Cork football continues to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 20,195 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Boom__Boom wrote: »

You might get some footage from the lower leagues on TG4 Monday 8 to 9 pm. Division One always got the lions share of coverage on Sunday night.

Live games have a lot of resources deployed and lend themselves to later highlights. I don't expect that there was a big array of cameras in Drogheda for Louth v Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The improved League Sunday show has been around a few years now.

Previously they just showed what Eir and TG4 showed now they show much more and have analysis

It's not far off the Sunday Game to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Always_Running

The dead wood (Joe Brolly) is still there i see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The dead wood (Joe Brolly) is still there i see.

Wait until Spillane and O'Rourke show up. ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement