Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox app Parent needs advice

• 27-01-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi we recently got Xbox live to allow my 10 year old play fortnight. I have the app to monitor activity and friends, messages.

Only problem i have is i cant monitor PlayStation, Nintendo.

Any other advice to help me monitor and control friends and who he is playing with well be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

I am guessing you are logged into their account on the app?

PlayStation have similar app that you can do the same thing.

Nintendo the hardest to control but the hardest to also add friends and commutate with others.

If they are playing fortnight on all three then go to their epic account and you can monitor that way.

I just checked the app store for Nintendo. there is a parent app that you can monitor on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

So even tho we only have an xbox, all i need to do is have an app for all three brands?

gmg678 wrote: »
    I am guessing you are logged into their account on the app?

PlayStation have similar app that you can do the same thing.

Nintendo the hardest to control but the hardest to also add friends and commutate with others.

If they are playing fortnight on all three then go to their epic account and you can monitor that way.

I not 100% sure what u mean, i set up my 10 year old Xbox account, i'm the guardian and he has the child account, any messages, invites he gets from other Xbox users i see, but i don't see invites, messages from play station, Nintendo friends.

we only have an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So even tho we only have an xbox, all i need to do is have an app for all three brands?

While there is cross platform play, I don't believe there is any way for cross platform notifications/messages etc outside of gameplay.

• Advertisement

ah ok. sorry when you asked about PS and Nintendo I thought you had them also.

with Xbox and child accounts and Fortnight there is no cross platform allowed. They will only play with people on Xbox.

Ok. it seems that since December or there abouts that an update went out allowing cross platform play with the Xbox and other networks. you will need to switch it on or off in the settings!

Sorry guys i'm most not be explaining myself correctly.

He is able to play cross platform with other brands, the problem i have is i cannot monitor who hes friends with on Play station and Nintendo.

This is purely for notification of who he is on line with across all platforms.

Has he set up an epic account? you should be able to check it this way!

Has he set up an epic account? you should be able to check it this way!

No, i have a microsoft account, never heard of epic.

• Advertisement

Thanks is there an app for android phone

No I think there is.

Advertisement