Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value restaurant Wexford recommendations ?

Options
  • 23-01-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi

Going to Wexford town for a couple of nights break in a few weekends time.

Would anyone have recommendations please for good value /early bird restaurants to go to ? Nothing too formal, casual food for 2 adults + 3 children ages, from 7-10 , looking to dine out on an Saturday afternoon/evening and not break the bank.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Value is relative but I would highly recommend Cistin Eile for lunch. Kids options would probably be limited to half mains but food is fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Rob's Ranch House is a good family restaurant, food there is nice for all ages and it's not too expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Definitely can do better than Robs Ranch House... A few off the top of my head

Riverbank House Hotel, just over the bridge, worth the 500 metre walk, great menu and kids options.

4 Asian street food options, IMO best is The Red Elephant, dinner for a tenner daytime with quality to rival the best and you'll be stuffed (watch out for the green peppercorns!), also PK Thai, Mi Street Food and Ramen (food is served in cardboard boxes, but kids get to make their own icecream cone, they all love it!)

Then you have the aforementioned Cistin Eile, great food, open lunch and evening, booking recommended as it is small.

2 tapas options - Donna Marina, can't beat it, love this place and the messages literally written on the walls by patrons say it all. The other is the Litttle Yard, which is the other side of The Yard restaurant, itself a lovely place to eat

If you like Chinese 3 or 4 options, not into it myself so can't recommend.

The best Indian restaurant literally in the world (well outside India, maybe!) is Spice in Wexford, and they're great with kids.

There's more I'm sure, can't think though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

If you are into Pizza Crust is very nice too. Lovely Pizza's.

Also if burgers and steaks on Stones are your thing, Charred wouldn't be a bad option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

If you are into Pizza Crust is very nice too. Lovely Pizza's.

Also if burgers and steaks on Stones are your thing, Charred wouldn't be a bad option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fano in Redmond Square is top value, excellent pizzas (better than Crust IMO) and it's a BYOB restaurant. Very casual and friendly spot.

Cistin Eile has fantastic food, but you'd probably want to book.

I'd also recommend Red Elephant or Ramen if Asian food is on the cards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Riverbank House Hotel, just over the bridge, worth the 500 metre walk, great menu and kids options.

The Riverbank is good for a family meal with kids all right, if you don't mind trekking across the bridge (though there's a plenty of parking there too, if you've got the car with you).

Small playground area in the caravan park just above it, for before or after the meal. And I don't know if they still do this, but at one point anyway (and not so long ago), there'd be a bonus surprise after each kid's meal as they'd give out a Kinder Surprise egg to each child too. Sometimes it's the little things.....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Duffryman wrote: »
    The Riverbank is good for a family meal with kids all right, if you don't mind trekking across the bridge (though there's a plenty of parking there too, if you've got the car with you).

Small playground area in the caravan park just above it, for before or after the meal. And I don't know if they still do this, but at one point anyway (and not so long ago), there'd be a bonus surprise after each kid's meal as they'd give out a Kinder Surprise egg to each child too. Sometimes it's the little things.....

They still do this....my daughter loves going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Fano in Redmond Square, really nice pizza and calzone there.

Advertisement