Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Oil Tank Removal

• 22-01-2019 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ lucast2007us

Hi gang looking to get oil tank removed.

just wondering if anyone has done this before. Looking to go towards a more healthy heating system so was looking to get oil tank and boiler removed.

We are in the Wicklow area if anyone has any contacts or price ideas would really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭ DublinDilbert

Is there much oil in it? Steel or plastic tank?

I had a very large/heavy steel one, tilted to one end drained the bit of oil I could. Then drilled a small hole and drained the remainder. Just cut up along the welds with a jigsaw. Once I got a few sides cut I just broke the remaining welds. Didn’t take too long.

If the tank is in ok condition put it on adverts and someone might come for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ lucast2007us

Is there much oil in it? Steel or plastic tank?

Plastic.
    Ye the previous owner left it there and tilted it and drained her dry

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ whodafunk

Plastic.
    Ye the previous owner left it there and tilted it and drained her dry

I found myself in same dilemma recently. Reluctant to pay somebody to take it away I placed it on adverts.ie free section. A guy took it within 48 hours. Let me know if you want his details - no issues at all dealing with him. This was for plastic oil tank removal.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ lucast2007us

whodafunk wrote:
    I found myself in same dilemma recently. Reluctant to pay somebody to take it away I placed it on adverts.ie free section. A guy took it within 48 hours. Let me know if you want his details - no issues at all dealing with him. This was for plastic oil tank removal.

Thanks ye I'll take his details can you send me a pm ?

Advertisement