Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Route Rosslare to Oranmore, Galway

Options
  • 13-01-2019 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Have vague memories of travelling this route years ago. If memory serves, I went via Kilkenny, Roscrea, Birr, Portumna and Loughrea to Oranmore. As far as I recall, the road from Kilkenny to Loughrea was bloody awful. IS it still as bad or would anyone have any suggestions to go a better way. was thinking of going via Limerick and up the motorway but that is 40 min longer according to Google maps. Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dok_golf wrote: »
    Have vague memories of travelling this route years ago. If memory serves, I went via Kilkenny, Roscrea, Birr, Portumna and Loughrea to Oranmore. As far as I recall, the road from Kilkenny to Loughrea was bloody awful. IS it still as bad or would anyone have any suggestions to go a better way. was thinking of going via Limerick and up the motorway but that is 40 min longer according to Google maps. Thks

N25 - M11 -N11 - M11 - M50 - M4 - M6

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭WicklowTiger

As above if going off peak. If you're going to hit M50 anywhere near rush hour then go Enniscorthy -Carlow-Portlaoise-Tullamore then onto the M6 at Kilbeggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

As above if going off peak. If you're going to hit M50 anywhere near rush hour then go Enniscorthy -Carlow-Portlaoise-Tullamore then onto the M6 at Kilbeggan.

thats what I did. Some dozy feckin inconsiderate drivers on that route. One lad held up I'd say close on half km by not pulling in. Speed varied between 55kmph and 90 depending on whether someone was overtaking him or not. :mad:

Advertisement