Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it even worth it to report it?

Options
  • 03-01-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I received a present (a brand new phone) from my then boyfriend for Christmas during our gift exchange. A 2 or three days later he secretly went into my things and took it out in order to tell it.

How did I know he took it?
    He was supposed to sell it initially (created ad on adverts) but didn't sell it and gave it to me instead. On Monday I went looking for it to open it and couldn't find it When I asked him he denied taking it. But I went onto adverts and typed his name in and found the ad still active and placed an offer (as someone else) which he accepted, which he then set up a time and place to exchange money and phone. I showed up and so did he with the phone and refused to give it to me. we broke up caused I became disappointed in his actions and broke up with him.

Long story short I feel like he stole it and maybe I should go to the Garda to make a complaint. is it even worth it to make a complaint?

I have a video of him giving it to me as a present and also all the messages of him planning to sell it back.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Tiki90 wrote: »
    I received a present (a brand new phone) from my then boyfriend for Christmas during our gift exchange. A 2 or three days later he secretly went into my things and took it out in order to tell it.

How did I know he took it?
    He was supposed to sell it initially (created ad on adverts) but didn't sell it and gave it to me instead. On Monday I went looking for it to open it and couldn't find it When I asked him he denied taking it. But I went onto adverts and typed his name in and found the ad still active and placed an offer (as someone else) which he accepted, which he then set up a time and place to exchange money and phone. I showed up and so did he with the phone and refused to give it to me. we broke up caused I became disappointed in his actions and broke up with him.

Long story short I feel like he stole it and maybe I should go to the Garda to make a complaint. is it even worth it to make a complaint?

I have a video of him giving it to me as a present and also all the messages of him planning to sell it back.

I'm assuming its EX boyfriend now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,200 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, just forget you ever received it, forget you ever had anything to do with him, put it down to life experience and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Guards can do nothing for you without proof of ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭franklyon

Tiki90 wrote: »
    I received a present (a brand new phone) from my then boyfriend for Christmas during our gift exchange. A 2 or three days later he secretly went into my things and took it out in order to sell it.

Your ex boyfriend lied to you and stole back the gift he gave you and you are worried about a phone? :confused: You should be thankful to be rid of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No its not worth it to report it.

Just block him and count yourself lucky.

Do not do anything that keeps this scumbag in your life in any way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

The cops will just say that as he paid for the phone and you are no longer together he has every right to take it back. Why would you want it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did this even happen...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    As Looksee and others have advised forget this and move on
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement