Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

How are you doing Tony Schiavone, you fat old prick?

MJF is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really great show on the whole.

Glad that the Acclaimed got the titles, defintiely not as good as their last match but it was worth it to get the Acclaimed the gold. Guessing we get a Swerve/Lee feud soon. I do agree that FTR looked like chumps though.

ROH match was excellent. Jericho has really turned himself around the last few months. Expected him to win tbh, I think they want a big name for the title and him not having ever had the belt just made sense. Did someone say a ROH deal was announced? What was it?

Main event was awesome, still wish Moxley didn't win. I've just seen enough of him as champion as much as I generally like him. The title definitely needs to have it's profile raised after the last while.

Pac/OC match was a bit of a letdown. Saraya is one I'm a bit unsure of. Is she cleared? If she was I'm more surprised WWE had no interest in a ring return. Also need to see more from the AEW women's division to figure out if this is actually good or another false start. There's no excuse when you have the likes of Paige there to not give it the time, exposure and stories it needs. She looks fantastic though, better than she has in years and hopefully her in-ring return delivers cause it could be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Abadon still with AEW? Considering YouTube matches count, she should be consistently near the top of the rankings, not that rankings matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Takeshita is returning next month.

If you have stayed away from spoilers for Rampage you really will not want to miss it tonight one of the biggest pop's of the night happened on the Rampage taping and it was something no one expected.

• Advertisement

Looking like next summer after the premier league season ends.

Meltzer

Right now it still looks like next summer at the earliest for a U.K. debut at Craven Cottage, the home of Fulham.

Brandon Thurston  reporting that AEW in talks with DAZN to become media partners outside the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I thought Dynamite Grand Slam was fantastic meself!

Never seen Saraya in WWE so my first time seeing her in a wrestling ring and must say I got goosebumps and have watched it a good few times and still get chills and am hugely excited to see where they go with Saraya!She really does have it!

And her theme song 'Zombified' by Falling In Reverse is simply brilliant!Also Saraya is dating their lead singer Ronnie Radke which worked out well considering what a banger this is!

One thing I will say is Orange Cassidy needs to turn heel as he schtick has gotten old and can see the fans turn on him eventually!Think it could be wonderful if done right!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently saraya isn't medically cleared for the ring yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She has to be. Why else would you have 4 women run away from her and have Taz say; "She can go!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Rampage was enjoyable. Starks and Hobbs was a great main event. Poor Julia Hart took a nasty looking fall when she missed the table and hit the ground head first. Hopefully she's OK.

The Great Muta :)

Time to push Starks to the high heavens now.

For Muta? Didn't come across if so, probably due to the music. Loudest I heard seemed to be for Dalton Castle.

That Battle Royal was a mess. So many factions, some with people I wouldn't recognise right away then so many outside the ring as well. Then looked like the ending was nearly messed up with how Rush and Page both went over.

Who is that Trina one? Looked like Jade tweaked her knee catching Diamante. Another interim champion incoming? Reminded me of what happened Ridge Holland. Well, at least Diamante gets to go home with one of the Baddies.

Always enjoy the Joe walk away from top rope moves.

I see Saraya is now in the opening.

I thought the crowd was fairly quiet generally but they had been there a long time at that stage. I was wondering was that pop for Dalton Castle or for Danhausen who was coming out after him. The latter would be more likely I'd have thought.

Sting will be heading to Japan in January to be Muta's tag partner in Muta's final match.

Juice Robinson will take on Mox in a non tile match on Dynamite next week.

Toni Storm gets to hang out with her hubby for the night.

No real lose as such with the House of Black done after Black left.

Julia Hart now caught in a no man's land now by the looks of it.

Brodie King will be fine just being Brody King the monster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Keep Brody and Hart together.

Yeah she'd be fine just as a valet/manager for him. She's only 20 so she has time on her side.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea sad to see both Matheews and Black gone but makes sense since the HOB never took off (even though I liked the idea), agree with keeping Julia with Brodie.

Can see a few former wwe guys heading back now that HHH is in charge and tbh it may not be the worst idea as the AEW roster is clearly quiet star heavy atm so a clear out could work well and allow them to go back and start pushing new talent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

These are his words.

“Unfortunately, tonight, I’m going to be the bearer of some unfortunate news. As everyone knows, the House of Black has had some issues lately.

“As all the members of the house, I’m speaking for them all, we want to thank you all for being members of the house.

“Unfortunately, I, like some of the other members, need to go away for a while. I need to recalibrate. I need to figure out some things. As my brother Malakai once said, this isn’t goodbye, this is see you later.

He say himself in that quote that he needs to go away for a while.

Maybe the whole going back the WWE is what he is calling fake.

Yeah, could just be that he's taking a break. Maybe some recovery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Amazing! Hopefully Bandido gets a good showing - it's criminal he hasn't been picked up yet so hopefully this is a sign.

Fightful reporting that Swerve was one of the talent HHH tried to lure back however Swerve referred the WWE to his lawyer as he had no interest in going back to the Fed.

Miro also has no interest to go back

Bobby Fish tried to get Cole & O’Reilly to quit and go back however both of them told him no

It seems the ones that want to go back have a partner working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You believe Fightful on the Swerve stuff so surely you believe Fightful on the Fish stuff?

Sean said a popular internet rumor was that before Bobby Fish had asked Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly to leave All Elite Wrestling with him to go back to WWE. That was vehemently denied by numerous AEW sources, and WWE sources have stated that there haven’t been talks between Bobby Fish and the company.

Or are you just picking and choosing what to believe?

• Advertisement

Ian Riccaboni and Daddy Magic on commentary duty for Dark Elevation.

AEW has so many great commentators and colour men.

Advertisement