Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kenshi

Options
  • 31-12-2018 12:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Figured the game deserved its own thread.

Really enjoying it so far, with around 30 hours done over Christmas.

Been fighting off bandit raids, and have a decent base setup now with a good walled defence. Kill zones with 6 mounted crossbows seem to be able to handle most things thrown at me so far, though the ninja attack was close enough. Doing some exploration now, to try and find some of the high level components needed for research, and trying to get a good food production system going. Building components and iron plate production is going along nicely, and have plenty of those.

Had a big bandit attack earlier that i was worried about, but i was able to talk to the leader and stab him in the face. He legged it and all his men followed :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i really enjoy it myself but i find when i make a base, My last play i started as a rock bottom robot ended up becoming a martial arts over lord then i found 2 old robots in some ruins, managed to recruit them after i captured them then i found two more in some other ruins and set up a small camp and trained them up then set out to rule the world !!!!!!!! but then i found new mods and restarted again.

I find the whole way they do jobs a bit anoying i hope over hauls how people work the farms etc.

just going to recommend a few mod's i have been using.

Paradise falls slaver edition is great, you can recruit people to full fill your slaver dreams they will automatically chain and carry people you knock out and put them in cages if available, add's a new city in the cannibal lands. Add's a whole bunch of other systems to the game.

Reactive worlds
    Add's in a bunch of missions and waring factions, and cities can change factions from conflicts etc stuff like that.

More belts
    ehh ... add's belts.

other ones, shops have more items, enhanced shopping economy - basically lets you run a shop properly npcs will now buy stuff from your store in towns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

256 party limit, improved gates (probably a bit cheat like, but normal gates are stupidly weak), and Dark UI (absolutely essential) are all i'm using so far.

ah i need that improved gates mod, they were so useless i stopped even making them. I made a funnel with walls and had guys on turrets at the end of it so i just had this pathway of death towards my base :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you play on you're own or is better with people?

• Advertisement

Can you play on you're own or is better with people?

you can play a solo character but it's hard,A good way to solo is sneaking and thieving you make a lot of cash robbing shops and selling in other towns and its a good way to get decent armor, Or you can use the training dummy mods sandbox mode i think they are called which help.

I like small groups ive been operating out of a city for the most part. But if you are going to use the training dummy mods i suggest cranking up the nest/bandit spawns in the options and decapitation chances so it seems to even out the game play and it makes it more fun like the city im in is constantly getting attacked its kinda hilarious seeing legless people crawling around the place.

Getting along nicely in my game now. On to tech 4 research, after finding an AI Core somewhere. Then went to the Skeleton town, and absolutely fleeced it for everything it was worth. Got around 70k from stealing stuff there, which allowed me to buy a load on Ancient Research books. My main fighting team (around 7 people) can handle most normal enemies, and even managed to kill one of those giraffe type ****ers that slaughtered me in the past.

Not sure how much longer it will keep me interested, but i got a good 40 hours over the holidays and can see myself playing through it again at some stage.

i was out exploring and found some cool stuff in ruin's a few of them have top tier research benches i think you can do your research there if you bring the books and stuff you need, also had some good masterwork loot inside the odd time.

Usually a big fight inside them so far.

Anytime i find those, there are Iron Spiders knocking about. My lads are tough, but not that bloody tough.

Have managed to sneak in a few times though.

nooo my save game got corrupted and my client keeps crashing >_<

• Advertisement

Time to start a limbless desert start so :P

Seriously though, that sucks.

kinda killed my luster a bit, research cheat mod it is for a while :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Kiith wrote:
    Figured the game deserved its own thread.

I was just thinking the same :D

I genuinely haven't had as much fun with a game in a few years. I'm happy I waited for release before buying, even though there is still some bugs it night have turned me sour if I encountered game breaking bugs, I tend to avoid early access unless I know 100% that its very playable in its current state.

I'm still at on my first play through and no plans on ending it any time soon, I have 20 people in my faction but might expand that by another 20 and start a second base soon :)

Does anyone have any tips on making some good cash? At the moment I just send out trade convoys when I have excess resources to sell and I have a shop counter selling rum in a town but Is there an item I could craft out of my excess resources that would see a better profit? Seems to me with the weapons and armor I've tried that its not worth the crafting time, better off just selling the base resources.

Lone Stone wrote:
    nooo my save game got corrupted and my client keeps crashing >_

Sorry to double post but you can fix that issue quite easily.

Regarding the client crashing try do a file integrity check on steam or a reinstall but first go into you games files and save the save files somewhere save.

Once you have the client working, move the save files back and when you launch instead of loading the save fill, hit the import button.

You can choose what from that save you want to import to the new clean map.

Stealing seems to be the best way to make money. I got 50k or more the last time i went through one of the Holy lads cities. My sneak is pretty high, so that helps, but it's quite easy to do. Just make sure to have a pack animal outside to help you carry all the loot.

so i found some cool armor for my skeleton down south O_O
    some weird **** down there

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614766996

This mod is pretty good only messing about with it at the moment, add's indoor hydroponic's for farming

So after 56 hours put into my first Kenshi campaign, I think its time to call it. Starting to feel like I've done pretty much everything although the game still can surprise you at times which is one of the reason why I love it.

Going to start a new campaign tonight. In my first one I used some mods but nothing crazy, (increase recruitment size, UI, enhanced shopping economy & recruit-able prisoners).

Anyone have some mod recommendations that you find make the game better? Or give you more to do? etc

i enjoyed the game with mod's and played a stupid amount of hours in it, but it seems once you get your squads able to defend themselves properly and build a base thats it, nothing to do you can attack cities and trade stuff but it's really missing some thing. it felt like i spent all this time building up to some thing that does not exist if you know what i mean.

I know exactly what you mean. Its a shame really. I know i'll go back to it for a fix a few more times over the years but hopefully the modding community can come up with something.

Something Id personally love to see is more in depth diplomacy and faction interaction. Like facitons properly going to war with one another, claiming territory and citys, Fighting over resources. Giving you the ability to join a faction, have your own faction or even profit from getting contracts to make equipment for your liege faction etc

So much more could be done.

I started my new playthrough and Im going to take this one slow. Just a small band of wandering nomads, going from city to city around the world. Scavenging and trading as I go.

• Advertisement

you should get a mod on steam there, its called reactive world. It basically tries to do what you said about diplomacy and faction wars it was alrite but still felt the same to me, only difference i could see was when i wrecked a holy nation city the shek moved in and took over and beat the snot out of people in the town, slavery paradise mod is good makes the world go a bit crazy but the way it made my companions run and enslave anyone and everything that was knocked out near me pissed me of to much to keep it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

kinda cool the game has a following here. Bought it a long time ago on Desura, big fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Got this last night. Currently have three in my squad, making a bit of cash scavenging, hanging around the edge of fights and running in after and looting then running away, plus a bit of mining. Tried to head up to the Holy Town areas, but since I've a Shek in my party, they don't like me and won't let me in. So now I've to make it back on virtually no food, without getting jumped by wolves. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Any good must-have mods for this so far?

Any good must-have mods for this so far?

I'd say play it vanilla for your first play through, then when you feel like your ready to start a new one, have a look on the steam workshop and see if there is anything that fixes annoyances you had with the first play through.

Dark UI mod is probably the only one I'd recommend for a first play through as the vanilla UI is ugly AF lol.

You should be able to interact with unholy nation with your human characters as long as you leave to shrek out of town and out of sight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

killanena wrote: »
    Dark UI mod is probably the only one I'd recommend for a first play through as the vanilla UI is ugly AF lol.

I knew there would be downside to buying on GOG, though I prefer to do so there. No steam workshop, damnit.

I'll see about installing this manually so, I see it's on the Nexus.

Advertisement