Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota Rav 4 hybrid

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mach Two wrote: »
    So I expect it would be better to drive the vehicle as normal and let the car take over if a collision was inevitable. Therefore keeping your with about you. Thanks for the description of the cars technology it was very informative.

You would never want the car to take over if a collision was inevitable. It could decide to plough into a load of pedestrians on the foot path.

Imagine you are driving down Quays in dublin and suddenly someone pulled out, car takes over and "thinks" it see a nice space free to move into....it goes up onto footpath and cleans a few people out of it....

As the driver you are the one responsible. This is the biggest issue with autonomous driving, if the car kills someone you cant point at it andsay it was his fault, you are the driver so its yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mach Two

I mean as in it would possibly hit the brakes faster than you would. Not "take over" as such.

I mean as in it would possibly hit the brakes faster than you would. Not "take over" as such.

If I am driving along the road....with no cruise or anything and the car in front of me slams on brakes my cars will light up my Christmas tree.....plus you get this huge beep from it.....so warning you to stop

Now on the newer model of my car I think it will hit the brakes if it thinks you are still going to crash but I am not 100% on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭AlanD

A couple of good videos demonstrating the traffic jam ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNw1n5JLLw

And this one, demonstrating the car's safety systems.....this is corolla based, but all TSS 2.0 and so relevant to RAV4 and Camry. The cars have pedestrian and cyclist recognition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDaXYf_9ic&t=90s

AlanD wrote: »
    A couple of good videos demonstrating the traffic jam ability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QNw1n5JLLw

And this one, demonstrating the car's safety systems.....this is corolla based, but all TSS 2.0 and so relevant to RAV4 and Camry. The cars have pedestrian and cyclist recognition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDaXYf_9ic&t=90s

In the first video I have never seen anything as stupid in all my life....but each to their own.....

Even the car is telling him to put his hands back on steering and he ignores......

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    In the first video I have never seen anything as stupid in all my life....but each to their own.....

Even the car is telling him to put his hands back on steering and he ignores......

I think he is trying to tell us how good the technology is.

I think he is trying to tell us how good the technology is.

I know but not really realistic

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I know but not really realistic

I see a video with a bottle of water jammed in to the steering wheel. Car seemed to drive along perfectly. With no hands on the steering.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Anyone know offhand of a dealer that has an AWD version available in stock to test drive? Based in Sligo, but will travel anywhere north of a line roughly from limerick to Dublin.
    Thanks in advance

scooby77 wrote: »
    Anyone know offhand of a dealer that has an AWD version available in stock to test drive? Based in Sligo, but will travel anywhere north of a line roughly from limerick to Dublin.
    Thanks in advance

Swinford motors I think had one at one stage

• Advertisement

New Rav 4 PHEV to be launched in the states in 2020. Anyone any idea as to when it might become available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

RAV4 phev seems available now… 2x trims - Sol €48k and Sport €50k. 2.5l petrol phev. 306hp, 0-100kph 6s, 18.1kwh battery, 75km ev range…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Has it got chademo?

7Kw AC type 2 only. Don't know of any PHEV with DC charging?

Outlander and some of the Mercedes phevs have a CCS option

Interesting, Outlander must charge fierce quick with only 13kW battery. Mercedes could be twice the price......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Nope still charges slow on DC. Because of the slow battery, Some websites has it listed as 30 mins for 20%-80%

Can anyone tell me if the km/hr can be changed from a clock style to a digital clock style on all Rav 4's.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hello,

can anyone tell me what the Rav4 hybrid is like economy wise plz ?

im looking at multiple new cars currently and would like a RAV4 but am unsure of its economy. I need a big boot and my missus says we should go hybrid.

we live in the country so would have a mix of main road , motorway and town driving.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

I can see that RAV4 is the most selling suv in the world. Some article say that rav4 prime plugin hybrid is a threat to evs. But it costs 54k.

I was using yaris hybrid for the past one year and it was excellent for my delivery job. It always gave me 22.5 km per litre of gas no matter winter or summer, ac or heater on, motorway or residential area. I made plenty of money with that.

Last month I changed it to ev bz4x as and it was a disaster. Since I am using public charging it costs me more. It advertises as 450km range, but practically with 80 percent charge it gives 230km. Range anxiety is my current problem. All these evs are like this and I don't think they are suitable for taxi or deliveries. For family use, it's okay. Driving comfort, power, quiet.

Next year I am thinking of buying new version of prius which looks like give me same mileage as yaris around 20km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

If you want excellent fuel economy from a RAV4 then you have to go PHEV. It’s more expensive but also a lot faster so there are pros and cons.

Regular RAV4 hybrid economy is fine for the size of the vehicle. Similar to diesel I think (maybe lower in city driving) but with lower emissions. But you won’t really notice savings on fuel costs though unless you go for the plug in one.

The phev is 11k more, not worth it in my opinion, cheaper phevs out there the same price as the rav4 hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭sh81722

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vimalandrew

I can see a lot of new RAV4s in the road. Looks like Hyundai Tucson sales are down. They make the numbers by giving it to Garda. Now whats the point in buying a RAV4. Price of BZ4x is now gone down to 42K from 52K. I think RAV4 also costs the same.

Advertisement