Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bondora Go & Grow 6.75%* p.a. return

• 29-12-2018 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Came across Bondora Go & Grow which seems like a decent offering with 6.75%* p.a. return. There is no minimum term to hold your investment— meaning you can liquidate your account with ease.
    6.75%* p.a. return
    Faster liquidity, meaning you can cash out your investment with minimal effort
    Lower risk than our existing products, achieved via a diversified portfolio of investments backed by advanced and reliable technology
    You only pay taxes when you make a withdrawal over your initial capital investment
    You can transfer your existing Bondora portfolio to Go & Grow
    You can set up an auto-transfer from your existing portfolio to Go & Grow, which is useful if you want to reinvest your cash flow into a place where you have quicker access to your money
    There is a flat withdrawal fee of €1, regardless of the size of the account
    No annual management fees
    Share your account access and invest with people you trust to achieve a common goal
    Ideal for beginners, as no previous investment experience is necessary
    No secondary market transactions required
    Automated features

https://www.bondora.com/en/goandgrow
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

No buyback guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RevenueLand

Hi Shai, this is an old thread but I'm sure it interests many people. I
    t's true there is no buyback guarantee but this is totally different from ordinary P2P lending investing.
    Bondora Go & Grow works on a different principle.
    The Go & Grow product has been around since 2018 and, so far, has fulfilled (almost) all initial promises.
    The promises are:
    Ability to cash in the money invested immediately
    Yield at 6.75% max

The 6.75% promise has been kept.
    The immediate withdrawal seems not to have worked really instantaneously for a period of a few weeks (spring 2020) but only for investors who were withdrawing large amounts.
    Everything is normal now.
    Basically Bondora offers a capped (not fixed) return of 6.75% but does not specify exactly which loans it invests in with that money.
    On an article in Bondora's blog, some time ago they published an article describing the distribution of loans in go & grow portfolios.
    F-rated loans made up 45% of go & grow and only a limited percentage were high rated loans.

I think Bondora is quite reliable compared to other P2Ps, not because I particularly like it but because it has existed since 2009.
    A P2P that exists for so many years becomes more reliable than a newborn.
    To conclude, I believe that go & grow is more suitable for those who do not want to set up the autoinvest mechanism (like portfolio pro or portfolio manager).
    However, given the mysteries about the composition of go&grow I prefer to create my own custom Bondora portfolios and know exactly what loans I'm investing in, in what country and with what interest.
    I prefer AA, A,B and C rated loans because default rate can be high on other loans.

Advertisement