Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New TV Aerial made in Waterford

Options
  • 27-12-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi has anyone heard of a new TV aerial/receiver made in Waterford thats providing full access to sky , for a one off payment ??? I hear this being discussed in a pub the other night and they were saying its the real deal .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It would of course be illegal to use.

There are already many such illegal subscriptions available should one want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

An Antenna that can pick up satellite signals? I want one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

davidx40 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone heard of a new TV aerial/receiver made in Waterford thats providing full access to sky , for a one off payment ??? I hear this being discussed in a pub the other night and they were saying its the real deal .

If this was 2005 I'd have said yes - by card sharing

As it's 2018 I'll say no

Neither legal obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

An Antenna that can pick up satellite signals? I want one! :D

A satellite dish is a type of antenna.

Of course this thing the OP is talking about will be very dodgy.

I'm wondering if it's even "made in Waterford". Could be a clickbait Outbrain location-tailored ad I've been seeing lately for a box promising free Sky. Something like "People in [your location here] are going crazy for this!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah I'd say that's it, comes up on mobile Chrome every so often. Mind you isn't that one for "free cable"?

• Advertisement
Advertisement