Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

To all the people who find Christmas difficult

• 25-12-2018 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭ molly09

You are not alone and take it one hour at a time !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,737 ✭✭✭✭ Graces7

You OK? Blessings and thanks for this thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭ molly09

Graces7 wrote: »
    You OK? Blessings and thanks for this thought...

I don’t find the Christmas period easy and I know a lot are in the same boat. Life is not always full of the joys that the media like to protray at Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,308 ✭✭✭✭ Spanish Eyes

Normal service resumed today apart from the sprogs who return next Monday. It is just so refreshing to get back to real life instead of Mammon induced [email protected] for so long.

It really is such a long lead in for one fekkin day really. But that's tradition!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ Ashleigh1986

Try working in the middle of it .
    It starts from "Black Friday ".
    Media constantly ramming it down people's throats .
    People in general have lost the ability to just enjoy the moment .
    The next thing will be summer holiday ads .
    After that valentines bull**** and away we go again .
    I love Christmas Eve / day / Stephens day but hate the 6 weeks run into it .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,737 ✭✭✭✭ Graces7

molly09 wrote: »
    I don’t find the Christmas period easy and I know a lot are in the same boat. Life is not always full of the joys that the media like to protray at Christmas time.

I have no TV or radio and spend Christmas as I seek and love.. small quiet joys...used to hate December but I love it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement