Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medical Intern locations

• 24-12-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I'm a current graduate entry medical student in Ireland but located outside of Dublin. However I'm aiming to do my intern year in Dublin and wondering about how competitive it is to secure a spot in a hospital like James or Vincent's for instance? Could doing summer research or other extra curricular's make a candidate stand out? My heart is really set on returning to Dublin so any advice is much appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Intern posts are assigned solely based on your final exam results. There is no other application or interview. At least that's the way it used to be all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odiecon

@Icemancometh Thanks :) do you have any idea on what you might need grades wise for somewhere like Vincents?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Not a clue, sorry. I graduated in the first year of the this system I think, so that was a while ago. Maybe someone who graduated more recently might have a better idea.

Advertisement