Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial Diving

• 17-12-2018 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have searched and see that this comes up every few years.
    Is there any working commercial divers posting here or anyone that did a commercial diving course and then couldn't find work?

I am thinking of doing the course in the PDA in Scotland and want to know the realities of getting work afterwards. Any help or info would be much appreciated. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff reading other diving forums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubblehead2019

Corbally wrote: »
    I have searched and see that this comes up every few years.
    Is there any working commercial divers posting here or anyone that did a commercial diving course and then couldn't find work?

I am thinking of doing the course in the PDA in Scotland and want to know the realities of getting work afterwards. Any help or info would be much appreciated. It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff reading other diving forums.

Plenty of commercial diving work in ireland at the moment , actually a shortage of divers now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't know a huge amount about it but the commercial diving ability is only 1 aspect. You also need a skill/trade that you can utilise while you are down there.
    What kind of job are you looking for?

Advertisement